Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my new motor

i would say he is not familiar with the trans if he is saying that. When you get VERY extreme you normally break the input shaft of a NV4500 and it is rated just of 14k GWV Rating i beleive. The 3053 is 26K GWV Rating. The 3053 was also used in the one ton truck catagory of the land speed record. I spoke to a guy running 900ftlb in a deuce with this trans and has had no problems with it or the clutch holding. And a deuce ways more than your truck would ever be fully loaded. I see no problem with the trans holding. I am looking at running a 6BT,HX40,370's,191 DV, 4inch exhaust with a 100 plate and don't think i will come close to hurting this trans. The guys over at SteelSoldiers would be a better source of experience about these trans holding up.

OK, slap me for not getting the 12-cyl/36 valve thing, . . . .I am planning a 6bt out of a 90 dodge going into my, ..6-cyl, 12 valve, non-intercooled, . ..got the whole truck to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by moosejr View Post
    OK, slap me for not getting the 12-cyl/36 valve thing, . . . .I am planning a 6bt out of a 90 dodge going into my, ..6-cyl, 12 valve, non-intercooled, . ..got the whole truck to work with.
    HaHa

I was looking for the same truck you got for parts, but I got a smoking deal on just this engine so I bought it. I think a non-intercooled would be alot easier to put in but 160hp is never going to be enough for me Although a 24mpg VE-pumped cummins in a 715 would be pretty cool. I haven,t figured out how I am going to fit an intercooler yet, I don't want to butcher the firewall too much by setting the engine further back. Maybe just a water-meth injection. I really would have liked the whole truck, especially for the axles.

don't leave it alone BOMB it (Better Off Modified Baby)

Trust me, . .I come from a long line of "It can't stay stock"!! LOL. . .My cummins has upgraded pump, exhaust, turbo, timing. It gets with the program. The new turbo virtually eliminates the turbo lag the truck had stock, so it is much nicer to tow with. I bought my 715 with a 292 in it, and planned on putting a small block in until the dodge got wrecked. When we found the frame was bent, . .it just made sense to re-power to M-715. I figure with my gears and the 38 inch tires (I am saving my nickels for some XL's), It should get good mileage, great power, and be a blast to drive. And with the spring over, small cars will just automatically avoid challenging me on the freeway!!!

What turbo is it? What are your EGT's running. That sounds like the same kind of truck I am going to build, SOA, XLs, the works. Have you put the motor in the truck yet? If you have could you send me some pics.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by moosejr View Post
    And with the spring over, small cars will just automatically avoid challenging me on the freeway!!!
    Whenever anyone asks me "Why?" about my 715, I always tell them: "No one will ever cut me off again."

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    Whenever anyone asks me "Why?" about my 715, I always tell them: "No one will ever cut me off again."
    Amen brother

holly big motor....hopefully it works out, can you post pics of it? did dodge just start putting in these motors?
    my signature is sweet huh?