Windshield wipersTechnical Forums » Open Discussion Archives » Windshield wipers
http://m715zone.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=openarchive&action=display&thread=1163073897

Windshield wipers
Post by oilcan on Nov 9, 2006, 7:04am

I picked up a pair of napa wiper arms & blades for my M35, and as it turns out, they'll fit a 715 with only a little bit of work.

Here are the numbers I got from www.steelsoldiers.com
Wiper arms- napa 60-750
Blades- napa 60-011-1, trico 11-1

These use a bayonet mounting deal, so you'll find replacements in any parts store. The bad news is, they're silver.
The 60-750 arm comes with a bunch of junk that you don't need, so there might be another part number with less stuff a little cheaper. Could be 60-725, but I haven't researched it yet.

The only mod needed is to pull the adjustable arm out and chop off about an inch for the blade to clear the windshield gasket at the bottom. Put it back together after paint and tighten the set screw, and have a nice day.

If you want to go junkyard shopping, the kaiser-era cj's have the same wiper arm, but most I've seen use the odd u-shaped connection at the blade and are pretty crusty.
Re: Windshield wipers
Post by k8icu on Nov 9, 2006, 11:14pm

I was going to say a little OD paint will fix the problem of the arms being silver! Good work.
Post by oilcan on Nov 11, 2006, 6:13pm

Thanks.

Another thing. All this stuff will run just shy of 55 clams at napa.
Post by hatattacks on Nov 11, 2006, 8:54pm

Hey I just picked up a new set of wipers. fit with no issue. All I had to do is pull the little pin from the old blades. and they fit with no issue at all. NAPA # 60-1033 Classic wiper blades