Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: M715 Finland

A few photos of progress...

All did not go as it should have been :/

Need to re-weld ...

Yes, it begins to take shape Is the steering axle rubber still available? Somewhere? Does anyone know..

Hockey World Champion 2019 FINLAND

Hallo M715 FIN,
    Timken is Timken, were ever you buy the bearings. The bearing numbers are allways the same. Radial seals are also standart, CR radial seals are awailable in Europe since SKF bought CR several years ago. Try to buy tese parts at an Industry part supplier. The Tie Rod End Cover are available at Surplus City Jeep Parts, 4514 Pacific Heigths RD, Oroville, CA 95965, US for something like 1,95$ one each (http://originalmilitaryjeepparts.com/m715/M715.htm).
    Greetings
    Wolf
    Since 1980 owner of a M715.

Hello everybody. It has been a bit silent for this project. The problem was caused by an old invention. "MONEY". Every time you start repairing something ... Need to buy or order new parts: / I started to power the electricity ... Both of my light switches were broken, I split up both parts and were rusted completely, same was with windscreen wipers So now order more parts...

Is the light switch same as m38a1?

Quote Originally Posted by M715Fin View Post
    Is the light switch same as m38a1?
    More or less yes. The three lever light switch is a mill standard part meaning the same part was used on M38A1, M151s, M35s, M49s, etc. Pick up any three lever light switch from the 60's to - just about present will work.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    More or less yes. The three lever light switch is a mill standard part meaning the same part was used on M38A1, M151s, M35s, M49s, etc. Pick up any three lever light switch from the 60's to - just about present will work.

Yes, except that you have to watch out for the ones from the early 50's as they had two plugs instead of the large one. I believe they changed at the same time as the change from Douglas to Packard fittings.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Hello,
    Now I got a new light switch. Next, I'll ask you, what position the switch should work ... Headlights, parking light, which light is ser.light or B.O. drive etc? The reason why I ask you can see picture below. whiring was cut off when the car came to me. Are 1. the main power for the switches? 2. Disconnected cables for to tail lights? 3. Tail light wires

I think 1 is the wires for the horn...3 is the wires that go to the rear harness to run the tail lights/turn signals/stop lights in the rear.
    The ones in 2 might be for the front lights but i cant tell from the pic...

What do you have on the firewall for the light system...the large distribution box or the small solid state unit....or something else?

Reference:

Large distribution box:

small solid state unit:
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!