Thread: Personnel Heater

Hey everyone,
    I am a new m725 owner. It hasn't been above zero degrees here for a while and I haven't had much luck getting a cab heater to work. The original Southwind personnel heater is installed in the back and supposedly working, but the previous owner disconnected the gas and power lines out of fear that a 35-year-old combustion heater was insanely dangerous. Is that so? Should I dare attempt to fire up the personnel heater or is best kept disconnected?

I have a 41 year old furnace in my house and it works fine....My point is as long as you go through the heater and make sure everything is good...you know check the igniter, fuel line, fuel jet or nozel, etc you should not have any problems. For an added messure have a fire exs. handy just in case.
    Good luck.
    Zone holster maker

Michael: I dont' know if yours is the same as the 725's, but they have a diaphragm in there that can tear and if memory serves, cause a leak. I agree, thorough check and keep the fire extinguisher ready.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Michael: When I picked up my m725, the heater was disconnected as well. I went through it with a fine tooth comb and found the diaphragm was ripped. Luckily, I found another complete heater on ebay and was able to make a complete unit form the two. Download the 978 Heater manual from the online manuals section and go through yours first. Id be glad to help you with any questions you have. Also, I re-created the Southwind Heater tester and can provide you with the schematics on that as well. Good luck!

-Bill

Default Start Stall Start Stall when cold

Bill,
    Do you have a spare combustion air blower? I think mine is shot. email me ncjeepers@aol.com
    Tony Casey
    BULLGEARInc.com