Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vette Master/Napa Fittings

Default Vette Master/Napa Fittings

Well I have my vette master cylinder on the truck. I go to Napa and order a 7913, which I assume screws into the rear fitting of the master cylinder. I also ordered a 7914, which looks like a "t" fitting, along with a brake line connector, and finally a small plug.

Can someone tell me what goes where? The 7914 "T' fitting has me confused. Plus, the 7913 fitting is simply 1 1/4" to 1/4" adaptor?

Pictures would be great and any info as to what goes where would be helpful. For some reason what I have doesn't look like its going to work for me or for what I was picturing.

I had an issue with fittings too. The 'T' I didn't use. I took the m/c back to NAPA with the 2 pieces of brake line that attach to it and asked for adapters. It took 3 parts to get the lines to screw in. I'll see if I can take a pic or find a receipt tomorrow night.

I would appreciate it! The plug I know where that goes - into the brake proportioning block where the disconnected rear brake line went. Then I would use the new brass connector/splice to connect the rear brake line into the new piece of 3/16" line that goes up to the m/c.

The adaptors 7914 and 7913 for the m/c look worthless to me...maybe its me, but they don't look like they are going to work for me...

Also, the rear 3/16" brake line goes to the front opening on the m/c or the rear? I have a 1/4" line from the stock m/c I believe which will operate the front brakes - what lines go where?
    I assume that the 1/4" line (front brakes) will go in the rear opening and the 3/16" line (rear brakes) will go in the front opening in the mc?
    Help! LOL

Blog Entries

I installed the Corvette MC and had the same problem with the fittings. The NAPA guy went behind the counter and got me the correct fittings. No doubling up or anything ... straight in, one fitting per line. BTW: I think mine is plumbed; firewall -> rear but I can't remember.

It looks as if your rear line coming out of the m/c goes to the rear brakes. I was under the impression that the rear line coming out of the m/c went to the front brakes; since your fronts should be doing the majority of the stopping of the truck.

How does well does your truck stop? I just seem to remember the opposite of what you have pictured...and before I go to Napa again, I need to find out for sure since depending on what lines go to what port on the m/c will require different fittings.

Let me know how well your brakes seem to work and how long you've had them this way. Thanks ALOT for the picture as well...

Blog Entries

I'm probably wrong. I'll have to go check. I don't remember which way I plumbed them. Brakes do work great though!!

I am the source for the NAPA numbers. My NAPA didn't have the right stuff to go from the mc to both lines in a single step. If you can find a part that does it in one step, go for it and post up the numbers please.

The line closest to the firewall should be for the front brakes and the line closest to the grill should be for the rear brakes.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I think these are all the napa part numbers I used on my master cylinder swap.

1976 Corvette non power disc/disc master cylinder: #10-1371

30" 3/16" brake line: #813-1205

3/16" line plug: #131 x 3

3/16" line butt connector splice: #302 X 2

1/4" reducer from mc to 1/4 line: #7913

3/16" reducer from mc to 3/16 line: #7914

Gwen,

The 7914 and 7913 are worthless in my swap. As soon as I saw them at the NAPA I figured I was in trouble. I get home and I was right, neither are of any good to me, the 7914 is to small and the 7913 goes from the same diameter to the same diameter. These are the right numbers and are stamped on the parts. Just my luck...lol
    At this point, I guess I have to just bring the master cylinder to a good Napa tomorrow and see what I can cobble up. Basically, I need just two reducers.