Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Part numbers that may help???

Default Part numbers that may help???

Here is a small list of stuff that I have and have been asked for.

First the radiator conversion.
    Upper hose (NO CUTTING REQUIRED): Flex hose _2168 ***Can not read first letter or number***

Lower hose ( Cutting required at water pump hose is too long)
    (B) 70081CS

Conversion Radiator: THIS RADIATOR IS EXACT FIT REQUIRES DRILLING OF 2 HOLES THAT IS ALL 10 MINUTE INSTALL!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...em120218173329

This is where I got my radiator! GOOD STUFF.
    These numbers are from ADVANCE DISCOUNT AUTO PARTS. Im sure they are able to be cross referenced.

Felpro OIL PAN GASKET:
    OS 5449 C

Tune up #'s for distributor by CARQUEST
    :POINT SET AL5486P

:ROTOR AL-151

:CONDENSER AL118

Hope this helps, these are parts that came with my jeep along with many other parts. If this is old news delete the thread. Thanks again and hope it helps a few of you.
    67 in progress.
    Chris.

guess not?
    67 in progress.
    Chris.

Interesting list...thanks for posting it.

We have some different numbers for the rotor and condensor and point set...these are for the stock military waterproof ignition on the 230?

Just want to make sure...thanks!

well, when I bought the jeep it came with all sorts of stuff. I have like 3 distributors 2 are completely intact and look new. all the parts in there look EXACTLY like the parts I listed. I dont know what would be different. If you want I can take pics of them to decifer.

I also have like 5 of the steel caps for the distributer and 4 or 5 of the inner caps. Everything looks identical. I hope these are the right parts. I was hopefully going to use them for a tune up/timing/carb adjusting.
    67 in progress.
    Chris.

Maybe just a different brands part number...could be just that simple.

Thanks for posting...I know it will help people!

I post a lot of junk hoping it will help people find stuff. I spend a lot of time looking. I never see much response but I know some people bookmark some of it and never say anything. Don't stop posting stuff you find. It's all good stuff to know. Others should post up cool sites they have found. Some or all of it is worth a bookmark or a favorite to someone.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Thanks for posting the numbers. I would like to warn you and everybody about flex radiator hoses though.

I put a brand new NAPA flex radiator hose on the top when I put the 396 in. I couldn't find a bottom hose that was close enough to even cut up, so I used the 5-40 year old stock 230 lower hose with the Big Block.

6000 miles and 18 months later, I am towing a M715 on a trailer behind mine going to the 2006 Texas FE. Pistolnut and I stop for fuel in Hondo. I go to start up again and "POOM" came from under the hood followed by a coolant waterfall. One of the flex pleats had given out. We found a parts store and figured out that a 1976 Chevy V8 truck has the same basic upper locations and sizes. 18 months and another 6000 miles later, that hose still looks brand new. I don't trust flex hoses anymore. Oh, I did swap out the lower hose as a preventive thing a year or so ago.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Thanks for posting the numbers. I would like to warn you and everybody about flex radiator hoses though.

I put a brand new NAPA flex radiator hose on the top when I put the 396 in. I couldn't find a bottom hose that was close enough to even cut up, so I used the 5-40 year old stock 230 lower hose with the Big Block.

6000 miles and 18 months later, I am towing a M715 on a trailer behind mine going to the 2006 Texas FE. Pistolnut and I stop for fuel in Hondo. I go to start up again and "POOM" came from under the hood followed by a coolant waterfall. One of the flex pleats had given out. We found a parts store and figured out that a 1976 Chevy V8 truck has the same basic upper locations and sizes. 18 months and another 6000 miles later, that hose still looks brand new. I don't trust flex hoses anymore. Oh, I did swap out the lower hose as a preventive thing a year or so ago.
    I have a part number for a lower hose....or at least a hose that you can cut a section out of for the 396 with a short water pump. If interested, I can take pic and then give you the number...

I don't entirely trust the flex hoses either, but mainly because they tend to close up over time where they bend, even if they have the wire support "spring" inside. In a year or so, they seem to restrict the coolant flow significantly.

the flex hose was only on top. the bottom hose I have is molded with a curve perfect for the lower radiator.
    67 in progress.
    Chris.

I'm confused. I did a search for part numbers for stock radiator hoses and am unsure if SouthernM715's initial post is for a stock engine or a 396, or other?

Do we have a list of NAPA part numbers for all the stock radiator hoses? I want to get mine all replaced before the FE.

Thanks!
    -- Tim Taylor