Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Media Blasting & Priming Lessons

Default Epoxy Primer

Steps may only apply to epoxy primer, which is what we used. Don't know if different for regular primer. The epoxy seals the metal. Really tough.

Living in the tropics of Fla, I prime as so as I get done blasting, then worry about filler. On humid days (Sun - Sat) the metal will start rusting almost immediately. even if I only get part of it blasted I will still prime what i have done, If I dont It will be rust the next day. I once blasted a horse trailer that took two days to blast, I wrap it in vesqueen (?) (construction plastic wrap,)
    To keep the dew off the bare metal, it seem to work.

rboltz -
    Great report!! Just about to do the same thing - buying my media this weekend.

Snuffy

After I had all my parts sandblasted I sprayed Ospho on them. That keeps the rust off great. I could spray them and they could sit for days with no rust, this was in NC. Just for fun I sprayed a set of needle nose that I blasted and then set them outside to see what would happen. After two weeks there was no rust on them. Stuff works.

Similar Threads

1. joesco715 : Stripping vs Blasting and other ?'s
    By PseudoZone in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 13th, 2009, 01:54 PM
  2. sweeney : How much should sand blasting cost?
    By PseudoZone in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 04:16 AM
  3. binfordm715 : Priming, painting progress
    By Binford in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: November 11th, 2009, 04:17 AM
  4. Blast Media
    By k8icu in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 30th, 2009, 10:49 AM