Thread: barrman : Anti-Seize Lubricant

Default barrman : Anti-Seize Lubricant

Anti-Seize Lubricant
    Post by barrman on Oct 2, 2006, 2:06pm

When I got back from the National FE in June. I pulled all my brake drums off and cleaned the inside of the brakes out because they were very full of mud. I had to use an impact screwdriver to remove the 3 screws that hold the drum on. I coated them up with anti-seize when I reinstalled them. Today, I had to pull one of the drums off to unstick the adjusting star wheel. The screws were tight, but came out real easy. Well, I kind of cheated. I put the blade screw driver socket on an impact gun and just zapped them off. But, I did have the gun adjusted down to the lowest setting, so they came out easy.

Another place everybody should use anti-seize is the light bucket covers. I do not have a single bucket that has all 6 holes clean, threaded and ready for a screw. A few only have 2 good holes left. 30 years from now when I am still looking for more light buckets, I will appreciate the effort you went to today by using anti-seize the next time you change a bulb. Thanks.

Default brute4c :

Re: Anti-Seize Lubricant
    Post by brute4c on Oct 2, 2006, 2:41pm

IU hear ya on both counts....I took all the screws that didnt break off out of the light housings...drilled and tapped the rest for new threads...and used all stainless fasteners with heavy anti seize on them...the ones I had to drill came through the back of the housing...I plugged the hole with silicone before reassembly..