Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tow bars/parts found in mil-truck Heaven

Default tow bars/parts found in mil-truck Heaven

I saw an auction for a medium tow bar with two sets of adaptors sell on ebay for over $800 dollars. If that is the going rate that people are willing to pay then I may be able to retire. Look what I found.

Here is a picture of Al aka(kaiserjeeps)aka(dirty Al) with a worthless piece of scrap metal that seemed to make him extremly happy. Turns out it was the second tow bar adaptor for a m715 to complete his set.

I could go on for hours about the trucks and parts this man has (40 acres). There are trucks and parts everywhere you look. 5 ton beadlocks in 3 different offsets, motors, trans, axles, body parts, winches,tires,etc, to complete trucks.

Al and I decided to see how much weight his trailer could hold.

I bought the last 3 sets of duece axles. Have to make another trip to get two more rears. (oh darn)

If you need a 5 ton wrecker he has 7 that are complete and who knows how many for parts. He goes through them and makes sure they are in very good working order. He just sold one for 7500 and it had new beadlocks and 16.00 x 20 xzl's. (maybe one for me on another trip).

Well I am tired of typing, but maybe Al will post some more about what we found.

wow! Let us know how much he wants for the tow-bars - I know I could use one!

Looks like a great place to go digging! (Thar be treasure there!)
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

What size are those military NDT's on your trailer and what rig are they for? They look super skinny.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

NDTs look tiny when not on rims.

The tires are for Al's deuce. 95% or better tread for $50 each. I think they are 11 x 20's. The tow bars, well Al got the best deal on one for a while. 4 sets of adaptors and bar for $225 There is a lot of the bars, but limited on adaptors and pins. I think $225 is what he is selling the towbars for with what ever adaptors he has.
    The owner is not crazy about shipping items. He will put items on a pallet and wrap with plastic, but shipper will have to pick up.
    Brandon, didn't someone you know need 5ton axle parts? complete 5ton steering axles are $250.
    He was told by local sheriff that he has to get rid of most of the trucks and parts. You can only have 5 running in view of the public. The sheriff interpreted the law while flying over as being in public view. He works for a scrap co., so guess what is happening to most of this stuff. (ugh) He is very reasonable on his prices and would rather get the parts into the hands of someone that can use them.

I didn't see you had posted up Mike. It was indeed nirvana for the mil truck nut. We walked through the same isle probably 5-6 times and saw new things every time.
    I never saw the pallets of tow bars. All I saw there the ones laying on the ground up by his house. So Chris my response to you was inaccurate about the tow bars he had left. This guy was pretty flustered about his predicament. Not only does he have to get rid of everything soon, he has meth heads cutting his fence and stealing enormous amounts of recyclable metals. Those bastiges STOLE my rebuilt duece radiator the night before. They stole all of them as a matter of fact. So there are moments where this guy can be a little cranky. I tried to find the right time to ask if he would ship stuff out. I was thinking of all you guys as I know the deals are good and lots of you guys would want to buy stuff. He promptly said he won't because he does not want to take the time to ship stuff. He has to concentrate on getting rid of everything. I guess it takes him a little over 4 hours to cut a truck up. I'm sad to say it all goes in a big metal bin for the scrapper.
    I know there has to be a way to get some of this stuff to you guys. The problem is neither Mike or I have the time right now to figure out how ship this stuff. At this point I could not even front the money to get parts for anyone. Plus it's at least 25-30 miles to the nearest shipper for both of us that would be a reasonable price. I have no problem storing stuff here at my house till it could be dealt with at a later date. My biggest priority right now is finding a job and finishing the Montana CJ. So my place is open for temp storage as long as it's not a complete truck. I'll talk with Mike and see what he thinks. IF I measure and weigh the tow bar I have as an example and Forward air will ship it all banded together, I'll make a trip to the shipper in one haul to get these tow bars to you guys. I do not have pallets at my disposal nor do I want to hunt for them. Keep in mind there are no more M715 adapters left. The duece ones will attach on the front with very little work. You will have to prepay and wait till it's convenient for me to make the drive. I will call them tomorrow to see if this plan will work. We would like to share the wealth here. It's the shipping prep time and the size messing things up. I know Mike has no time at all to deal with the shipping stuff. I will however volunteer to take a full day to load up and drive everything to the shipper. Let me call the shipper and see how hard this is going to be. Like I said we want you guys to benefit from this incredible find also. Mike and I have been stressing on this since we found out he won't ship. It will work out some how. Tacoma, what are you doing these days?
    Long live the Taco express!! JK...

On to more pictures. I will download the ones on my camera and post up in a few minutes.

Al.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Regarding the shipping comments above. If anyone has good suggestions for a ground shipper in the Portland metropolitan area, lay em on me.

Now for the pic's. This was a common site all over the 40 acres.

You could pick out your tires. I did notice he switched out some brand new ones for the 95% or better. Still a great deal since they were American made and a good hard rubber compound.

Lots of interesting tracked vehicles. Not sure what this was. It was huge inside.

Here is an old white halftrack with a severely bent frame from abuse at a
    logging company.

This one was my favorite. Fully insulated, both troop carriers were driven. This unit was sold already.

This was a mid forties tug used for moving The Superfortress on the tarmac. B-29's are heavy and this got the job done.

How about a landing craft. This one had the armour removed for repairs. The body was fiberglass. The trailer next to it was beat to heck on the door lock from curious meth heads.

The owner was a N scale train nut. He had two steam engines and this ALL wood rail car from the mid 1800's. This rail car was used to ferry people out of San Francisco after the big earthquake in 1902? The city was destroyed.

I need to hit the sack. It's 2 AM and Fisherman will be here first thing.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Wow, looks like you hit the jackpot! Are there any m715 specific parts?

is this yard in orygun??

Al, I'd be interested in a tow bar if you get other guys that are looking as well. I assume he's open to some volume pricing?

Let me know when you want the $$$ and where.

rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715