Thread: Cables in proper place?

Default Cables in proper place?

I have the battery positive cable going to a master kill switch. Master switch to starter switch. Starter cable to other side of the starter switch.

Does the cable from the firewall mounted junction box join the hot side of the starter switch?

This cable is not reaching the starter switch.

I took it apart it's got to fit!

Thanks,

Justin

Sounds like a non stock setup...not sure what you firewall mounted junction box is...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

All the wires from the turn signal switch & high beam go to it. Maybe it's a ground cable. Will look again today.

I know pics would help, will take one today and post tonight.

If you mean the large Distribution Box under the hood next to the master cylinder, that is the switching for the lights...basically...it doesnt affect the starter if wired correctly.

The stock setup has:

Large wire from positive of the battery that doesnt have its negative to ground...that positive wire runs to the starter switch on the floor.

Alternator large wire runs to the same post of the starter floor switch that the positive battery cable goes to.

The starter wire goes to the opposite post of the foot starter switch from the battery positive and alternator wires.

The wires at the Distribution box run to: 3 lever light switch, the turn signal switch, the turn signal/brake light housings, trailer receptacle, headlights, blackout headlight, blackout stop light and to ground.

The ground for the distribution box can be bolted to the mount screw of the box...if you look at this image from my stock setup, you can see the ground wire on the right side coming off the top right screw on the front of the box and going to the mount bolt right on the side.

My ground wire has a metal tag on it that says GRD.

I am guessing this is the wire you mean but hey, it is a guess...if I am wrong, let me know.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

"The stock setup has:

Large wire from positive of the battery that doesnt have its negative to ground...that positive wire runs to the starter switch on the floor."

That's what I was needing! Thanks!

Like your master cylinder cap, my plastic one is past its prime.

Justin

Mine is from a Wagoneer that used the same master cylinder as the M715...I think it was a 1966 model.

It is metal wih a pin hole vent.