Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Vroom! Vroom!

Fun pics. Keep 'em up!
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    That looks good ryanroo. That cab sure cleaned up nicely. You're obviously not wasting any time and I bet you're having a lot of fun. I assume the shop in the photos is your place of employment. Keep it up and thanks for the photos.
    It looks alot more inviting with those troop seats out of the way and the seats in the correct position. I was really excited to have a perfectly clean batery box also. i have been wantng a toy/project for a while to keep boredom at bay. my only problem is that the engine i had planned for this truck is the block you can see in the background in some of the pictures. i traded it for some work on a rollcage. i knew it had made noises when removed, so i assumed cheap quick rebuild. it had completely ruined the main bores in the block, so now i stand with no engine. i am trying to get my mom to bring one with her when she comes for a visit on the 4th of july since i have a couple to choose from in iowa.

the shop is where i work. my boss is a good guy and doesn't mind if we use the shop after hours. he gets as excited as us for our personal projects. its very nice to have access to the CNC plasma table, shear, press/punch, bender and all the other tools.

next on the list: finish clean up, mock engine/tranny, buy steel, get to work, find engine
    Ryan

a little fun for the day. got some more stuff ground off the frame, and removed the stock tranny crossmember.

a look at a BBC in the truck

next on the list is to get some steel and some DOM on the way. depending on how much the steel is, a rollcage may be in the immediate future
    Ryan

some progress today. pics to come after i get home and load them up
    Ryan

engine x-member where it bolts to the frame p-side

same on d-side

looking at the x-member from front

overall shot

parts for the engine mounts

as assembled ready for weld

motivation for the project

one more overall

ryan

PBR in a can and a sledge hammer. What more does a good fabricator need?

Looking good, keep us updated

Thanks

Dave

a few more pics of todays baby steps. i feel/felt like a bucket of beat up buttholes for some reason, so progress was slightly stunted as an effect of that. but pictures are fun, and seeing them on the screen keeps me motivated

Popped the top and bows off as well as the windscreen frame. new glass in the future as mine was long gone

side shot

engine mount

other side

engine stands. these will get some form of gussets when i don't feel like crap. not sure what i will do though. i suppose i will let my creative juices work that over tonight
    they are the same side to side, the pic just makes them look odd

the engine standing on its new mounts.

next big hurdle is tranny and t-case crossmember
    Ryan

great pics, look like a pretty solid truck,do forget to save the bumper #.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    i feel/felt like a bucket of beat up buttholes for some reason

Mmmmmmm'kay.....

Just kidding... You're making really good progress! I'm enjoying the pictures too. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    -- Tim Taylor

Must have been too many PBR's ? I wonder how many Millers I drank while building my truck?