Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heater

Default Heater

What can one expect to pay for a civvy heater from a salvage yard? I have not found one yet but when I do I dont want to over pay.

Everything but the defrost ducts.

Thanks
    1968 M715
    1952 M38

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Depends on whether you have to pull it yourself or they do it. If I did it I would pay as little as possible.

Also, will depend on whether they think its an antique part or just an old heater.

I probably wouldn't pay much more than $50 for the whole setup, personally. And I 'd try to pull it myself so I'd get everything I needed including all the little clips, screws, etc.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I signed up on the full size jeep board, put a wanted post, and got 3 or 4 responces right away, ended up paying about 75.00 for a full set up.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    I signed up on the full size jeep board, put a wanted post, and got 3 or 4 responces right away, ended up paying about 75.00 for a full set up.

Duane
    Did you get the defrost ducts too for that price?
    1968 M715
    1952 M38

The civvy defrost ducts dont fit the M715 trucks...if you were thinking that way...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    The civvy defrost ducts dont fit the M715 trucks...if you were thinking that way...
    I did not know that

Thanks
    1968 M715
    1952 M38

M715's use a M715 specific nozzle...kind of like certain CJ ones but not the same as the hose connection on the bottom needs to be offset on the M715 versus the centered style on the CJ's...

The drivers side nozzle in the M715 needs the offset to get by the 3 lever light switch...the passenger side avoids the glove box with its offset...if I remember that side right...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Looks like its gonna be fall before I get to it, (actually the first time I need the defroster ) but I am still planning on making a set of ducts and if its easy and feasible, I will make a couple sets for others too.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    Looks like its gonna be fall before I get to it, (actually the first time I need the defroster ) but I am still planning on making a set of ducts and if its easy and feasible, I will make a couple sets for others too.
    If it works out sign me up for a set. I figured I would end up having to do the same. Everytime I see a pic of the defrost ducts it reminds me of shopvac ends.

What do you plan to make them out of?
    1968 M715
    1952 M38

One of the Zone members has one on Ebay right now for $25.
    Less then 5 hours left as I post this, so hurry if you want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT