Thread: bench seat

Default bench seat

The seats in my m715 are not original, some buckets from an unknown origin.
    I am considering putting a Jtruck bench seat in. Batteries are already under the hood.
    I have two boys thought I could get more use out of the bench seat.
    Any thoughts, pros or cons?

I grabbed the front bench seat out of a wagoneer to put in my truck. The mounts/holes all lined up, but the seat sat too low in my opinion (I'm about 6'2"). I'm going to end up lifting it about 2" in the front and 4" in the rear. I'm guessing the jtruck seat is the same as the wagoneer? After messing around with it I wished I had grabbed the rear seat from the wagoneer which was hinged and would fold forward, not sure if the width would have worked though.

Anyway I'm not sure there are pros/cons, it's probably more personal preference. I'd rather use the space for more seating instead of a battery storage or a center console. Sounds like you aren't worried about keeping everything stock so put in the bench seat, get some seat belts, and take your boys cruising. They will appreciate it.

Another option which looks military is to keep the stock drivers seat. Install a deuce passenger seat into the area where the battery box and stock passenger seat go. You can have 3 passengers. The deuce seat folds up for great under the seat storage. It also folds down for a nice table area. Binford's is sweet. I was going to go with a FSJ bench seat, actually had two of them. Once I saw Binfords passenger deuce seat I had to have one.

I used a bench seat from a 78 ford f100 its a bit snug on the sides of the cab but it works great for my needs.I spent much time trying to find junk yard bucket seats that would work,could find what i wanted so i settled for the bench seat and couldnt be happier.I had to put 2in of lift under the front of the seat mounts to clear the trany hump,I didnt try one but i think a chevy truck seat will set in easier

Fisherman's right. The deuce passenger seat and stock driver's seat combination is pretty cool! And fairly readily available. Looks like it belongs that way, too...

Here's what it looks like:

-- Tim Taylor

Has anyone tried leaving both of the stock seats and cut down and reweld the ends of the duece bench in place of batt. box? It would still fold and give you a console.

No, but that's not a bad idea. I was going to cut down an extra stock seat and make it narrower. Sort of what I think you were suggesting. I even had a custom-ordered narrow seat cover made for such a seat! (And it might be available for sale, since I didn't go with that plan. Someone else is currently evaluating whether or not he wants to use it.)
    -- Tim Taylor

anyone have a deuce seat in the new york area?

Quote Originally Posted by stranman View Post
    anyone have a deuce seat in the new york area?
    Go to Steelsoldiers and Post up. There is a Guy who goes by Westfolk, he is a great guy to get parts from and right on the Pa/Ny boarder. Might even want to PM him.
    "We are here for the meeting!"