Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAPA or Equivalent EVERYTHING!!

Default NAPA or Equivalent EVERYTHING!!

I can't seem to find a definative "hold my hand daddy" version of this,just little tid bits here and there.

I tried the link here on the zone, and recieved an error page.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for replaceable non-NOS parts, like NAPA or Western Auto?

Part numbers?:
    New hoses (vacuum,radiator, fuel, drive train)
    New Seals
    Motor and bed mount rubber
    Brakes
    Plugs
    Trans, Diff, and Transfer case oil.
    Bearrings
    Air Filter
    Oil Filter
    Weather seal for everything on the truck.

Is it better to use synthetic oil or all natural organic?
    Also, I can't seem to find a fuel filler tube anywhere, mine has dry rot splits.

Love the site,
    Thanks in advance.

Part numbers?:
    New hoses (vacuum,radiator, fuel, drive train)
    Vacuum hose is bought by the foot in the size need for whatever...it isnt a part number thing...fuel line is the same for metal and neoprene...except the flexible piece between the drivers frame rail and the motor...that is a mil surplus piece as far as I know and he big filler neck hose...that is mil surplus as well. Drive train...what do you mean by that?

Radiator hoses:
    Back of water pump to block, passenger side, short hose: NBH7266
    One member posted:
    The next is the upper radiator hose. An 8484 did the job and only needed to be trimmed on one end (the short end).
    For the lower radiator hose, we went with another 8484. He found another with a shape and length that matched better, but was a bigger diameter. So I went with the 8484.
    Finally, that stupid other mini-stubby elbow running from the water pump to the front end of the intake manifold (I *think* that's where that went--somewhere near there) was replaced with a 7447. One end has a larger diameter and that is the end I trimmed for the proper length.

Another posted:
    Hose - Radiator Upper
    Item#: NBH8484
    Price: $14.99
    (Note: Pic looks right though their listing says this is a lower hose.)

Hose - Radiator Lower
    Item#: NBH7096
    Price: $16.49
    (Note: Pic looks right.)

New Seals
    Seals for what?

Motor and bed mount rubber
    Bed mount rubber, mil surplus. Engine mounts, http://www.snakeriver4x4.com/m-715.html

Brakes
    You can get a master cylinder cheaper from mil surplus than from Napa...Napa number is UP 21000 Cost is $85 right now.
    Brake shoes are mil surplus only.

Plugs
    Spark plugs are 2344, Autolite

Trans, Diff, and Transfer case oil.
    Usually we run gear oil in these boxes...it is being said recently that 50W oil would be better in the trans and tcase.

Bearrings
    Engine main and rod bearings? Bearings for the axles or the trans or tcase or?

Air Filter
    If you have the carb mounted air cleaner, not the large canister style that bolts to the underside of the hood, the part number is: NAPA GOLD 2050
    This doesnt have the rubber lip on it like stock but is otherwise the same...if you want to rubber lip type, mil surplus.

The canister type...one member posted this:
    The part number from Memphis Equipment is 1356531-2940. When I looked at element I replaced it has the number 542548 stenciled on it.

Oil Filter
    Napa 1515

Weather seal for everything on the truck.
    Most of the weather seals are unavailable...the windshield to cowl seal is available from Memphis Equipment. There are a few posts about the door to cab seals and the window to door felt seals and wipers.

Is it better to use synthetic oil or all natural organic?
    Synthetic, as long as the seals are good...or it will leak more usually...for a 230, the rear main most likely leaks so I go non synthetic there.

Also, I can't seem to find a fuel filler tube anywhere, mine has dry rot splits.
    Answered above...Memphis Equipment.

Brute4c, No questions about it,
    YOU ARE THE MAN!!
    Always there with the answers.
    All of us thank you!

Jeff

I copied all Brute's post, and stuck it up on the wall near my toolbox. It'll save me from asking the same thing a couple of weeks from now.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

As I built my truck, I kept a three-ring binder and each time I found a part number here, or had to dig at the NAPA or other parts store, I wrote it down in my book, and also kept all the receipts. It has been an excellent reference, and I recommend anyone to do the same with any project. Saves a lot of time and head-scratching in the future.

Doing the same now with my Deuce.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Agreed, Brute4c is a great asset.
    Thanks a million.
    As far as the seals, everything you can think of.
    What I had in mind when my fingers were moving faster than I can think,
    was the bushing or seal that is between the pitman arm and connecting rod.
    I think that's the pitman arm and connecting rod. Mine looks a little streched and in need of replacement. My steering also has a little pop or bounce feel when I turn while parked, once in a while.

Excuse my terminology if it's off. My mechanical experience goes as far as changing an alternator once, changing a flat, adding power steering fluid,
    ooooo and changing oil.
    I didn't even own a screw driver until about four years ago when I entered the electrical trade.
    Thank god for my old man, the truck and I will need him.

Thanks Again,
    Most usefull site I've ever been a member of.

My last trip to the local Napa I was looking for replacement seals for the NP200/205.

Guy behind the counter told me he could cross reference the military part numbers for somed stuff like that. Haven't been back to try, but I would think all the stores would be the same.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaWilkins View Post
    My last trip to the local Napa I was looking for replacement seals for the NP200/205.

Guy behind the counter told me he could cross reference the military part numbers for somed stuff like that. Haven't been back to try, but I would think all the stores would be the same.
    If you can get a guy willing to try. That seems to be the hardest part in most parts stores. "If it ain't in the computer it don't exist." is the mantra of most new parts guys anymore.

I generally dig around as much as I can online to find some cross-reference so I am armed with enough part numbers and info that they can't totally ignore me. Hopefully.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Year, Make, Model!

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    If you can get a guy willing to try. That seems to be the hardest part in most parts stores. "If it ain't in the computer it don't exist." is the mantra of most new parts guys anymore.

I generally dig around as much as I can online to find some cross-reference so I am armed with enough part numbers and info that they can't totally ignore me. Hopefully.
    Even when I have a part number, I usually get "year, make , model please!"

Anyone had to replace the gasket between the oil pump and it's cover plate?