Thread: Headlight parts

Default Headlight parts

Last weekend I was able to finally bolt on freshly painted rust free fenders and core support, that I had shipped up from NC last year. When I pulled the front half of the support off and looked at it with the headlight assemblies still in place, I thought it might make some cool wall hanging garage art. I have an extra set of marker/BO lights but I do not have a set of the headlight buckets and bezels. I would like to hang it on the wall and have the lights work on a switch. Are the headlight assemblies difficult to come by? Are the civvy ones the same? I’ve done a decent amount of searching on the web, but have not come across anything yet. Anyone know where to get something like this or just have to wait until something pops up on eBay? Any info would be greatly appreciated. As for the fenders I’d probably give them to someone if I knew they were going to a good home. They’re far from perfect but repairable.

We did something similar with a grill out of a M38a1 a couple years ago to hang in my sons bedroom.

Use LED light bulbs in the headlights and surrounded the boarder on the rear with green LED rope light.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Yeah that's cool. I need the parts to install the headlights into the support and wanted it to look just like the M715. I need bezels and buckets, are the civvy ones the same? What other (if any) vehicles did they come in?

Quote Originally Posted by eightydeuce View Post
    Yeah that's cool. I need the parts to install the headlights into the support and wanted it to look just like the M715. I need bezels and buckets, are the civvy ones the same? What other (if any) vehicles did they come in?
    The buckets are the same, but the trim bezels are different.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I have a set of buckets I will send you Bill. Give me a day or so to pull them.

Al, thanks a million for your offer. I was able to hang it up on the wall today with one of my rhino grills. It looks just fine without the headlights. I’m just gonna leave it as is. Thanks again for your very gracious offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably should have checked back here for your reply before performing jeep surgery. I had to work fast with hornets and a very funny doe. I startled one deer behind the row of jeeps and it took off disturbed I interrupted the shady spot. I am unscrewing the buckets when the second doe steps out right next to me and scares the living heck out of me. We are familiar with her and she knows I won't hurt her. She takes a few steps and then stops and takes a long pee. Then sauntered off to go eat some cottonwood leaves. Cracked me up. I jumped about a mile when she appeared.

Anyway, sure enough I found a difference in civi buckets and M truck buckets.
    The stamping is different and the rings on the wags and J trucks is held on by a tongue in a groove on top and one screw on a metal flag on the bottom. The M truck has a stamping with less features and has three separate metal stand off's for the three screws that hold the trim ring on. Thought I would post it anyway.

The metal M truck stand off's.

The wall art looks super!!

Cheers....