Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CPO Dave's restoration thread. (Ser#14690)

I endorse the safety equipment too. Early on my project, i had kick back on an angle grinder with a wire wheel attachment. Fortunately, I was wearing safety goggles and the wire wheel just punched me in the cheek. Ended up with "road rash" on the face, but thank God the goggles protected my eyes.

I whole heartedly agree...and Behemoth, seriously...glad that wasnt worse!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default More Tailgate Work

7 May 2015
    Newport News, Va.

Hello everyone! We spent a couple of hours working some more on the tailgate. A rod of Redneck Engineering had to be used last night. But, we are getting there.

Best wishes everyone!
    Dave-

Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Default Another night of Tailgate rebuilding

14 May 2015
    Newport News, Va.

Hi everyone! Not much updates really. Last night we beat on more of the tailgate and today I dropped off the radiator to have some work done to it.

I saw some more of Jeepdan's project pictures and mine is looking like a wreck compared to his! I aspire to have mine as nice as his is

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well and now onto the photo dump

Dave-

Every job site needs a Program Manager right? Well this is ours. This is Rodney, my old boss from my Shipyard days. We've stayed friends for a lot of years now! I built his 51 GMC half ton "American Graffitti" style hot rod for him.

Default More Wednesday Night Tailgate Fun

22 May 2015
    Newport News, Va.

Hi ya everyone! Not much to report lately. I saw Jeepdan's final product pictures and WOW! I need to get mine done and SOON! I am now officially worshiping Dan! "Thou art God" LOL!

Any hoo, my friends came over this past Wednesday to work some more on my tailgate. My friend Dave brought his 30+ years Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company experience with him and started burning spool filler with my MIG welder. I truly am blessed to have such good friends with crazy skills.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of our recent work.
    As usual I hope this finds everyone in great health and good spirits.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)

Default Been awhile :-)

Sandston. Va. (I'm at work)
    9 August 2015

Afternoon all!
    Well it has been a little while since I was able to post anything good about progress. Finally good news to report. This coming Thursday I will finally be able to go pick up the completed cab and all the nose sheet metal.

Finally painted! Hopefully the next pictures I post will be of the assembled front end.

Hope everyone is doing well and in good health and spirits.

Dave-

Glad to hear from you Dave.

Waiting for more pictures, please.

Yeah Dave, sounds good. I love pictures...

Default Parts found!!!

Newport News, Va.
    12 August 2015

Well I'm sure by now ya all have figured out from my other post that there will be no happy body work nice painted pictures to post for a couple of more weeks.

With that out of the way, I do have some nice things to report.

1st- Kerry (VesperNoyer) turned me on to the God of the M-715 parts at VPW. One quick phone call directly to the "God of the CONEXES" and I am awaiting for the M-715 Stork to deliver my new black plastic window guide rails that I have been going round and round with VPW for months over. I owe VesperNoyer a drink of his choice when I meet him! Thanks!!!

2nd- We finally got the passengers side roll up window back together with new rubber gaskets. What a chore. But, we think we have a couple of tricks to pass on to everyone. Let me apply my new found tricks to the driver's side window rebuild and if successful, I'll post the tricks with pictures and step by step details.

Other than that, I am so sorry I don't have pictures of a cab and nose going back together.

Best wishes everyone.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)

19 November 2015
    Newport News, Va.

Aloha everyone. Not much else to do on this dreary, rainy Fall day so armed with knowledge recently learned from here on the Zone, I decided to start restoring War Pig's steering wheel myself. Got all the yellow paint off, chamfered out all the cracks and started to apply the JB Weld epoxy. Here is today's efforts. Going to be slow but not like I don't have time right now LOL. Hope you all enjoy the pix: