Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CPO Dave's restoration thread. (Ser#14690)

Talking Some picture updates (Pt.2)

Sorry for the spam. We are only allowed to post 8 pictures per post so I had to do it in 2 posts.

Dave.

That's all for now Folks!
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Great work. WOW! I am very impressed!
    Zone holster maker

why red cyl block ?

the engine block is a late 1960's GM red/orange. I didn't want black. Lighter color so if a oil leak develops, it will be easier to see. I'm trying so hard to stay 100% resto but feel some things needed to be changed for looking towards the future for me with this truck.

Second reason is we happened to have 2 full cans of 1300 degree GM Red- Orange block paint laying around left over from our last resto hot rod build.

Dave-

ok,no problem I was just wondering because the rest of your truck is so pristeen. nice work pal

I propose we ban Dave from this forum because he's making the rest of us look bad

Truck looks fantastic, great job!
    Is that real money?

Fantastic job!
    68 M715
    Hey, what's this do?

absolutely gorgeous.

I didn't keep a record of all the parts I sold or who I sold them to, but it makes me feel all tingly inside and proud that some of my old truck parts might be in that truck.

Von,

I'd have to look back at my records ( a shoe box crammed full of receipts and e-mails ) but I really do believe I did get some parts from you about a year ago if I remember correctly. So feel good my friend.

Seriously though - Everyone on the M-715 Zone should feel happy. A part of near every one of you are in this build so far because of all the advice, suggestions, help, prodding, support, questions answered and parts. I know I'm bothered the hell out of this community over time with questions and even questions that were already answered multiple times before.

With all the love on here for our red headed step child like trucks, this just isn't my build, it's OUR build. Hope that didn't sound too cheezy. Each one that goes back together and get put back on the road safely is a victory for all of us.

As usual, many thanks to everyone for the help so far these last 2 and a half years.

Dave-