Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Axles that can be swapped in place of the stock axles

Default Do I need to swap the tranny as well?

Okay so I finally got the axles for my truck. I found a guy parting out a 1993 Chevy 1 ton dually and aftermarket 45 and aftermarket 456 gears. He also has the transmission and other stuff from the truck for sale. be oka or should I swap the transmis out as wel? If so will that transmission even fit in the truck? FYI I only paid $200! Springs shock Springs shocks brakes everythin everything included! 14 bolt full float rear and Dana 60 front.

you dont want DRW axles.

you should start a thread with your questions, what you have and what you want to accomplish.

Anyone know what year of VAN that rear axle is?
    68' LS TT 6.0 /4L85e /AMG 242

Default Np 200

Randyscycle
    You mentioned moving the NP 200 output shaft to the center.
    I am unfamiliar with the NP200 since just getting involved with an M715. I am very familiar with the GM NP205. How does one go about moving the rear output to the center other than moving the transfer case inboard?

Quote Originally Posted by renpens View Post
    Randyscycle
    You mentioned moving the NP 200 output shaft to the center.
    I am unfamiliar with the NP200 since just getting involved with an M715. I am very familiar with the GM NP205. How does one go about moving the rear output to the center other than moving the transfer case inboard?
    Welcome to the zone, BJ's offroad offers a kit to move the output. There may be other ways, I'll let others chime in
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I think you are having a communication failure. The stock NP200 is just about the same basic case as a NP205. Where the big aluminum cover on the rear of the NP205 is the NP200 has another rear output yoke. That other output yoke is where the stock M715 drives the rear axle.

Switching the rear drive shaft to what is the rear output yoke on the NP205 is what people mean by putting it in the center.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

This here is what is being talked about, see the rear output is on the right. Move it to the center.

Would the axles from a 88 chevy suburban 2500 fit or able to make fit?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser68 View Post
    Would the axles from a 88 chevy suburban 2500 fit or able to make fit?
    I have the perfect setup for a M715 if anyone is interested, Wide Dana 70 from CJ10A flightline tug (77", 4.88 with Gov lock) and a Dodge DRW Dana 60 front (4.88 and open). They were going under my red M715 but when I bought Spicer Gear's orange brush truck with the 6.2/NV4500 I used a Chevy front 60 and van 14 bolt with 5.13 gears. Axles have just been sitting. Someone make me a decent offer and there yours.

Richard

Pm me how much you looking for