Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bluesman2a : URGENT: Need New Life Top Advice/pics!!!

Default bluesman2a : URGENT: Need New Life Top Advice/pics!!!

URGENT: Need New Life Top Advice/pics!!!
    Post by bluesman2a on Sept 21, 2006, 9:16am

All,

I've been working with Mona at New Life Canvas (she's our new Judith), and have come up with a question on my top.

She's asking me if I want Just the window section to roll-up, or I want the whole rear panel to roll up? She says the M-37's are like this...

The answer is I don't know. Could I get some feedback from somebody with one of these tops? Perhaps a pic of what's out there already? Show me a pic how the current tops are cut to roll up?

Would there be any problems to zipping the whole thing in the rear? Would the sides flap at speed?

BTW, Mona's been great to work with, very responsive and has gone above and beyond for customer service... Two Thumbs UP for the neuvo New Life canvas.

Default foreverunstopable :

Re: URGENT: Need New Life Top Advice/pics!!!
    Post by foreverunstopable on Sept 21, 2006, 10:01am

You want the roll up. Trust me. I got my top with just hte window and now am paying a leatherwork shop here in FL to install zippers. Its a PITA to take the whole top off with the buttons being crusty. You will thank yourself later,

Default oilcan :

Post by oilcan on Sept 21, 2006, 10:20am

Here's the roll up type.

Default oilcan :

Post by oilcan on Sept 21, 2006, 10:23am

There's a lot of airflow like that, and rear visibility is outstanding.

Not sure I understand the options here. Is she talking about having a bigger opening than the standard, or a smaller one?

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Sept 21, 2006, 12:50pm

Mine is like Oc's and I love it. Mush better visibilty and keeps you cooler on the hot summer days.

Default bluesman2a :

Post by bluesman2a on Sept 21, 2006, 12:53pm

Thanks Oilcan, that's exactly what I needed. I'll send her that pic for example.
    That's a new life top, right?

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Sept 21, 2006, 12:59pm

I have the exact top Oilcan has and it is from New Life--one of Judith's last.

I asked her for cinch-straps on mine, which OC's may not have. On the inside the two straps that hold the back in its rolled-up position have those clips on the ends of them. On the outside the straps are almost the entire length of the top. Not sure why she did that. Perhaps so that the ends of the straps (with the protective metal tips) would not damage the plastic window?

I'll run out and take a picture of the top down to show what I mean. Stand by.....

Default bluesman2a :

Post by bluesman2a on Sept 21, 2006, 1:06pm

Thanks Binford!

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Sept 21, 2006, 1:19pm

Here's an exterior shot with the back lowered. I'm going to see if there would be enough length in the straps to hold the rolled-up window to the clips on the inside if I cut them off just above the window. If not, I'd leave them goofy-long like that so they won't scratch up the window.

Here's the inside view showing the clips that hold on to those long straps. Seems to me those could be longer, then the back ones could be shorter for sure.

Adam, does your have those clips on the inside? And how long are your straps on the outside?

Finally, here's a view of the lower part of the inside. There you can see how the roll-up-able (?!) part is held in place with those black swivel-clips.

Default over2land :

Post by over2land on Sept 21, 2006, 5:50pm

That blackout cover is sure cool.

My next one will have that.