Thread: Balancing stock tires/rims

Default Balancing stock tires/rims

Next week I hope to have my new Power King Super Traction tires mounted up with new tubes and flaps. Should I worry about getting them balanced with equal or whatever? This rig will never see one miles per hour over 40 so I was not going to get them balanced. Maybe just throw equal in the fronts? Thoughts??

if it was me i,d put 1 bag of equal in each tube. its what i use and works great. tires last alot longer also.
    bob

I have 4 that the shop balanced when they were put on...havent had a problem up to 60 or so MPH...it will help in longevity.

I used Dynabeads and it really makes a difference. Expensive, but worth it, IMO, to make the truck driveable.

I have swamper radials on mine unbalanced and can run 55 mph without any tire vibration. I would not bother with it if you don't plan on driving over 40 mph. There are more rattles and vibrations in the drivetrain than the tire ever will.

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

I'll push mine to 70+ on dryrotted XLs, unbalanced with no vibration issues.

Run them for a while and see if they need to be balanced if you don't want to pay the little extra up front.

Chris

Default Airsoft pellets

I saw a YouTube video of guys using airsoft pellets (plastic bb's) to balance their tires, check this out: https://youtu.be/5IHqdhCafIE

I may have to pilfer my son's armory when I get my Power Kings put on next week!

GCR balanced mine & they are another world of smooth on the highway.

Default Power King Balancing

Called GCR this morning, they are great. Going to put on the new meat for $40ish a wheel. Will have them spend some time to balance per your recommendation.