ForumsBasic TrainingOnline Maintenance ManualsThe M715 Zone Vin RegistryVPW's M715 Parts ListGalleriesLinks

Go Back   M715 Zone > General Tech > Open Discussion > Open Discussion Archives

Old January 5th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Private

kalikraven is a Soldier

I spoke with Rich today. Somebody slipped a copy of Bob Cowans post under the door of his shop on sunday. He called me up to talk to me about it, you know what they say there are two sides to every story. I wont take sides. Bob should call Rich to straighten this out. I heard Rich's side and he said that Bob has his five NOS rims and he has Bob's one modifed rim. He also said that Bob offered to sell the rims and send him back the money instead of shipping the rims back to him after he decided against using his Modifed Rim. Rich said fine and thats the last he heard of him. Well thats what he told me..... This is between Bob and Rich I hope that they straighten it out. It wont affect me in dealing with either one of them. I want brakes from Rich and maybe rims from Bob. Well the rims will be awhile.
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Private 1st Class

poolmike is a Soldier
Default Rich Brandi at Pro Tool

Yo 'kraven! I plan on calling Rich at some point this week. I need the brakes bad. Is anyone else interested at this point? Mike Petrus
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Basic Trainee

hewl35 is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike
Yo 'kraven! I plan on calling Rich at some point this week. I need the brakes bad. Is anyone else interested at this point? Mike Petrus
I am interested but it'll be a couple of months before I'm ready. The ol lady got laid off Christmas Eve and my mom died the week before.
Old January 6th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Basic Trainee

Nuke_GTOPAZ is an Observer

This new board is maxing out my computer ability already. So I hope this works.

I AM READY NOW. I'm tired of all the bashing, jewlery offers and "maybe-wishy washy" BS in all CAPS. I am on the left coast and if someone in Pennsylvania rips me off I will go on a roadie for vengence (even for $200 bucks). But I don't think I need to worry. The way I see it is, one among us is willing to help others. Until I learn different, I will be just as trusting with the members here as they have been with me.

Cha-cking...Just tell me how much.

Can't make you a cuff...but I'll buy you a beer.
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Private 1st Class

poolmike is a Soldier

I spoke to Rich today. He invited me out to take his 725 for a test drive and test STOP! to see if I like how they work. I'll post the results tomorrow, I'm sure it will be good.
Mike Petrus
Old January 7th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Basic Trainee

Mike, when you do that I'm curious about his system from the firewall to the caliper and weather or not I will need proportioning valves...see what else Rich is running......please.
-G-

Maybe it\'s all the beer.
Old January 7th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Private 1st Class

poolmike is a Soldier

Well I drove Rich Brandi's 725 today. It stops better than my new Super Duty, A LOT BETTER. The truck is so well built and streetable that it could easily pass as a bulky Grand Wagoneer, the only difference is that it stops better than a wagoneer.

I do not have all of the master cylinder specs., but it is a Ford hydroboost set up. Since the truck is powered by a Chevy 400, he used a GM power steering pump for a hydroboost truck.

I plan on ordering the four wheel disc conversion parts by next week with or without a group of orders. It will cost me a lot more cash for Rich to make one set, but I need them. I can assure everyone here that the product works well and that Rich Brandi is a quality craftsman. His 725 is a true work of art and it isn't even painted yet. (I took pictures of the truck, but i don't know how to post them)
Mike Petrus
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Basic Trainee

Quote:
I plan on ordering the four wheel disc conversion parts by next week with or without a group of orders. It will cost me a lot more cash for Rich to make one set, but I need them.
NOT TO WORRY
Mike, tell me when Rich wants the deposits to start the project and I will get it in the mail the same day and hubs when he wants them. I wanted to wait till the 20th when my December OT check came in, but that won't be necessary. I also want to buy four of his rebuilt calipers if they are available- if not FINE. I have a brand new GM hydrobooster- a big expensive pile of steel braided hose (posts about the high pressure side will surely follow) and two used GM power steering pumps...one from a Caddy, one from a 1 ton PU, I've collected a pile of different brackets (but I have a welder & metal), and I have a cool Cadillac power steering fluid cooler. I returned the new brake cylinders I bought over a year ago and I'm all ready for BIGASS brakes.
ANYONE IN NEED OF GOOD,USEALBE BRAKE DRUMS..........let me know.
Kalikraven got this going so I'm sure he's in and I'll bet BOB (ALL CAPS) will go too. The Doc may opt for rears and I'll bet that's all.

Old January 8th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Private 1st Class

poolmike is a Soldier

Gary, Rich needs to hear from eveyone who wants this brake set up. You should call him to discuss exactly what you need. I have been checking in with Rich on a regular basis for two years now waiting for more people to place orders. Right now it looks like we have four people with Kalikraven being the one who jumpstarted this operation. Anyone interested should call Rich Brandi @610-275-5667. Thanks. Mike Petrus
Old January 9th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Basic Trainee

I talked to Rich yesterday, as did several others. For anyone who hasn't called him and may be interested, He is mailing out photos and information about his work and it looks like he will be doing this for us soon.

THANKS TO KALIKRAVEN for getting this off the ground!!