Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: CPO Dave's restoration thread. (Ser#14690)

Default Front Brakes

27 August 2014-

Working on the front brakes. Got the right side back together.

Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Where did you find replacement springs for the brakes? Will a generic spring kit for a j4000 work?

Memphis has the springs. Little pricey but they have them.

Quote Originally Posted by riprock01 View Post
    Where did you find replacement springs for the brakes? Will a generic spring kit for a j4000 work?
    If you are referring to the return spring, VPW was selling them as well through "italylovers" on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by riprock01 View Post
    Put a wanted ad in this site's classifieds section. Lots of people are ditching the stock brakes and will have what you need.

I'm about to rebuild my brakes and might just use the old springs. (Wire wheel and paint)

I just noticed that you are in Newport News. I was just the a couple of weeks ago visiting my son at Eustis. We had a great time in the area
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Default Been a couple of weeks again....

Well, after some haggling, I finally have a tailgate thanks to a member on here. I can't say thank you enough!!!!!

We also fabed up the muffler flanges and tacked welded them. Perfect fit. Now to disassemble, do a 360 full weld on it and re-install. The flanges came off the old rusted out muffler and the new muffler cost me 34 dollars.

Default Finally!

10 December 2014.

well we are finally moving along a little faster here at "FSB Elmo" (inside joke around here). The rolling chassis is all complete now. All I have left to do on it is install the main hard pipe fuel line. It has been real interesting the last 14 months finding a lot of the parts I needed. But, it's not the destination that keeps us going, it's the journey. If it wasn't for all the folks on here, I still may have been looking at a pile of rust and broken stuff. LOL!

Any hoo - we started on the body work. First up will be the cab tub. Hope everyone is doing well and is safe.

73- Dave (W4CPO)
    Newport News, Va.

Great to here from you Dave.
    Looks like your cab isn't too bad at all.
    Great way to pass the winter months.