Thread: Civy dist cap?

Post Civy dist cap?

Whats the number to order a civy distributer cap for the 230? And were can I get one? Thanks johnny

Advanced Auto has them...just bought one there a month ago. I know NAPA has to have them and sure that Autozone can get them too...

Default Napa

Napa # AL128 for the cap.

Now, if someone can find the vacumm advance bellows... . . .
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I bought a vacuum advance several years ago and there were a few around then...2-3 years later, when other members were looking for them, the supply had been sold.

If one took the advance unit, of similiar design, off a different distributor and modded it just a little, it would work on this distributor....a friendly parts counter guy would help...

Default Autolite

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I bought a vacuum advance several years ago and there were a few around then...2-3 years later, when other members were looking for them, the supply had been sold.

If one took the advance unit, of similiar design, off a different distributor and modded it just a little, it would work on this distributor....a friendly parts counter guy would help...
    It looks like the advance unit from several different models of Autolite distributors, for the 60's and 70's, will fit with little or nor mods. However, I can't find any from the usual sources. There is a unit that fits GM distributors that would need fabrication so that may be a future project. That unit is even available from Amazon.com
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era