Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cooling HELP

HI guys i have a m715 that i put a 455 Buick motor in i built the engine up to around 500 HP and it works great except the stock radiator isnt enough to keep it cool do you know what rad wuold work with out cutting or modifing the body ??? also has anybody put two &half ton rockwells in their m715 any help would be great THANKS

Default cooling HELP

hey 455, I'm planning on getting a new radiator as well. spicer has changed his to a summit racing radiator. I looked at their site and found one for $170 don't know if its the right one for sure.

The part # is sum-380325

Spicer is this the same one you used?

thanks i saw alum radiators in sumit catalog not sure if they would fit or not or be big enough ?

Look the some of the pics on http://www.m715.com specifically Rogers truck...rockwells under that one...at leat 4 or 5 I know of have done it.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

The Summit radiator is big enough, I'm going to use the big GM deal. If it's good enough for 454's, one more cube should be fine. You'll have to fiddle w/it but shouldn't be hard if you managed to get the 455 in there!

How is that 455? I've got one sitting in the garage for the 725, curious how it does... any issues that would be good to know about beforehand??? Mine's going to be kept mostly stock.
    **I heart Bump_r **

I really like the 455 there a little expensive to build but you end up with great power i wrote it wrong the first time its 450 HP/550torque its an easy swap because late 60 jeeps used buick motors so you find one and you have all the parts to do the swap i used rears and trans from a 75 J20 and bell housing from a 68 not a bad swap to do but i keep breaking axles in the front 44 anysugestions THANKS

A stock replacement radiator for a 350 buick powered j-10 should be a bolt in

Mind if I ask who built your motor and what mods you did? I've got a 455 I need to rebuild.

no i dont mind I built the 455 myself i had a local machine shop do the heads/bore it out 30 thou they also shaved the heads and did cam bearings i put a big cam in it from TA performance heavier valve springs and reworked the oil passages but if yours is 71 or newer you should be ok with the oil system mine was a 1970 and they only had a half inch oil passage newer ones have 5 eights TA was a great help with tech questions and figuring out what cam to run and other upgrades although there hard to find you can get your pistons/rings and most other parts at regular auto parts stores for alot less money i would like to get a set of headers but i know they wouldnt fit anything else let me know

Mine's a '70 as well. Which cam did you go with? Happy with it? I've been browsing thru some of TA's and Poston's choices. I don't want anything crazy, just give it a little more umph. I think I'd rather pick up more torque than hp.

I've got to have mine bored and get a good valve job done. What did your compression end up being? I'd like to be able to run on 87 pump gas. Did you do any porting? Did you keep the 750 cfm Qjet or go with something else? I think I'm going to try and find the later 800 cfm model.

Thanks