Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: hummer103 : What Trailer to Pull a M715?

Default robertcowan :

Re: What Trailer to Pull a M715?
    Post by robertcowan on Oct 25, 2006, 7:23pm

A CHAIN ON THE FRONT PULLING FORWARD ??????????/

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Oct 25, 2006, 9:34pm

Quote:
    PULL FRONT END BACK AND PULL REAR END FOWARD.

Bob, I have never seen a truck tied down this way. This is exactly the opposite of how I tie down my trucks and how I have ever seen a truck tied down. Can you show me a pic of what you mean.

Default gimpyrobb :

Post by gimpyrobb on Oct 25, 2006, 11:42pm

I think he's sayin, Put the chains on the front, pulling towards the back of the vehicle and vise versa.

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Oct 26, 2006, 6:59am

I know what he wrote. I have never seen a vehicle tied down this way and I think it would be difficult to do on most trailers.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Oct 26, 2006, 8:31am

Guys, lets just accept this as another subject where we all have our ways of doing something and aren't going to change no matter how much somebody tries to shove another method down our throats.

This exact arguement gets repeated about once a year. I think it is usually the same people mostly invovled too. We all know to take tying down a vehicle serious and that criminal prosecution could develop if we screw up or even death to us or others.

I should lock this thread, but I want to see Bob's pictures too. So, unless you post pictures with a short discription of them, lets let this thread fade away.

Thanks.

Default hummer103 :

Post by hummer103 on Nov 20, 2006, 11:22pm

I started this Thread about a month ago before I moved, and just finally getting internet seeing how it ended in some differences in opinions, but overall thanks for all the feedback. A few pics are attached of mm towing my Jeep on a 18' 9000 GVWR equipment trailer from Connecticut to Arizona in 3 days. Hard to see but I went with 4 G70 chains and 4 binders Chains crossed, front axle pulled, rear pulled foward. Checked every time we stopped and never made and adjustment. She was heavy but my massaged cummins pulled like a train. Its not a perfect trailer but it was as close as I could find in the time I had.