Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate M-715 PIC THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by gregolma715 View Post
    Here is my '69 stocker.
    You mean "stock" besides the drivers seat, or is there a bunch of other modified cab stuff?

Hey, I'm just being specific, as "stock" gets thrown around pretty loosely here.

it seems stock enough for the term "stock" for me. its hard to think that any vehicle that isn't restored is going to be completely stock after 40 years of passing around. i understand what you are getting at, but to be brutaly honest almost none of the M715 in the world are going to be exactly as issued from the government 39 or more years ago. i have a 72 chevy, and aside from the lift kit, i would call it stock, even though it has axles from a 1980, an engine from a 94(yet to be installed) and a brand new painless wiring harness. my 04 is stock, except the tires, and the custom computer tune. i would still call it stock.

Default pics of a sweet rig

m 715 pis don t work on photo bucket
    I Hate Typing

Default enough pickup trucks!

Enough of these pickups- here's the brinks mountain/desert model!

Great shots gang- hope to see some of you westerners at TDS at end of Feb.- others at FE Colorado-

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    it seems stock enough for the term "stock" for me. its hard to think that any vehicle that isn't restored is going to be completely stock after 40 years of passing around.
    That's using the term too loosely. Over the years, I've seen a lot of trucks listed for sale using the "stock" reference incorrectly. There nothing wrong with resto-mods and such, but I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting if I'm buying a truck. My previous post was submitted simply to create dialogue, as the truck in reference is not for sale and therefore, I couldn't care less what seats are in the picture.

However, if I were looking to purchase a M715, the following stock items would be very important to me, as being included in the sale.

1. Seats 2. Steering wheel 3. Battery box 4. Cab bows 5. Ignition set-up 6. Three-lever light switch 7. Cab drive-train tunnel cover 8. Wheels 9. Bumpers 10. Fuel filler neck 11. Brush guard 12. Gauges 13. Dash spec plate 14. Tailgate

I wouldn't necessarily care if these items were laying in the cargo bed, as long as they're included and could be easily put back into the truck without fixing a lot of butchering. Most items are exterior aesthetic pieces that I personally think are important, because it's what makes a M715 unique to me in the world of pick up trucks.

Therefore, I'll continue to correct the misuse of the term "stock" when I see it posted on this and other forums.

By the way, I've got a "stock" M715 that I might be selling someday. It's "stock" excluding the GM350, NV4500, NP205, SOA, Aftermarket Wheels, Aftermarket Big & Fat Tires, Custom Front Bumper, Wagoneer Hood, 12V Aftermarket Wiper Motors, Aftermarket Steering Wheel, Aftermarket Seats, Keyed Ignition, Custom Front & Rear Hitch Receivers, Custom Spare Tire Mount, Custom Roll Bar, Lock-out Front Hubs, Aftermarket Tailgate Chains, Custom Center Console, Aftermarket Gauges, Aftermarket Cab Heater, Custom Cab Bows, Aftermarket Front & Rear Light Assemblies, Aftermarket Antenna Mounts, Spare Fuel Container Mounts, etc., etc... Other than these items, it's bone stock.

Default Modification?

Wait a minute, your the same guy that blasted me one time for cutting a foot out of the wheelbase of an old clunker M715, something about only 30,000 of them ever made. But I'm over it now.

Quote Originally Posted by white433 View Post
    Wait a minute, your the same guy that blasted me one time for cutting a foot out of the wheelbase of an old clunker M715...
    Yeah, I couldn't believe that you did that molestation, but I was over it.

Thanks for reminding me...I still can't believe that you did that cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post

1. Seats 2. Steering wheel 3. Battery box 4. Cab bows 5. Ignition set-up 6. Three-lever light switch 7. Cab drive-train tunnel cover 8. Wheels 9. Bumpers 10. Fuel filler neck 11. Brush guard 12. Gauges 13. Dash spec plate 14. Tailgate

By the way, I've got a "stock" M715 that I might be selling someday. It's "stock" excluding the GM350, NV4500, NP205, SOA, Aftermarket Wheels, Aftermarket Big & Fat Tires, Custom Front Bumper, Wagoneer Hood, 12V Aftermarket Wiper Motors, Aftermarket Steering Wheel, Aftermarket Seats, Keyed Ignition, Custom Front & Rear Hitch Receivers, Custom Spare Tire Mount, Custom Roll Bar, Lock-out Front Hubs, Aftermarket Tailgate Chains, Custom Center Console, Aftermarket Gauges, Aftermarket Cab Heater, Custom Cab Bows, Aftermarket Front & Rear Light Assemblies, Aftermarket Antenna Mounts, Spare Fuel Container Mounts, etc., etc... Other than these items, it's bone stock.
    since i am not to worried about the stockness of anything, as you know, i have a more relaxed view of what needs to be with the truck. i agree with #'s 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, and 13 and the brush guard and tailgate would be nice, but i can easily fab those myself, so im not as worried about them.

if you are selling that "stocker" give me a shout. sounds like its right up my alley either way, lets see some pics of your trucks. specially the "stocker"
    ryan

By stocker I mean, short of the paint job, drivers seat (although I have an original that needs canvass, hood blackout, taillights and turn signals and a fabbed ball hitch mount everything is all original including the 230. 24 volt also. Battery box is in the cab as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    ...either way, lets see some pics of your trucks. specially the "stocker"...
    Ordinarily, I'd not hesitate to post some pictures of the four classic Jeeps...hmm...

... ...

... ...

... ...

Ordinarily, I'd not hesitate to post some pictures of the four classic Jeeps, but I'm afraid they'd end up on an unauthorized web site, such as "MySpace", without my approval.
    Last edited by Binford; February 24th, 2008 at 12:32 PM.