Thread: oilcan : 6 bolt PTO

Default oilcan : 6 bolt PTO

6 bolt PTO
    Post by oilcan on Jul 27, 2006, 1:51am

I snagged this thing off an NP205. It should fit on an SM 465, right? Or am I wrong?

Nothing came up on the search, and the old 'puter is just running too slow to mess with google today.

Default barrman :

Re: 6 bolt PTO
    Post by barrman on Jul 27, 2006, 7:56am

I don't think it will. How much do you want for it?

Let me rephrase that. It will bolt up to the transmisison because the outside bolts are the same pattern. I do not think the gears will line up correctly though. I am pretty sure it needs to be 465 specific to work.

Let me know how much if you want to sell it. I just missed one on e-bay a few weeks ago.

Default elliott :

Post by elliott on Jul 27, 2006, 3:17pm

I have one off a 205 and a 465 that I can put up some pics of when I get home, and PTOs for a T18, a 203 and a Universal. I think the 205 has the same gear as the 203, but not sure about the 465.

Here's what the SM465 unit looks like (this is a larger model PTO for a 12,000 lb winch, the pitch looks similar though doesn't it?):

Default elliott :

Post by elliott on Jul 27, 2006, 7:32pm

Here's a Chelsea application guide: http://www.parker.com/chelsea/cat/englis....0_US%20Sec1.pdf

Default oilcan :

Post by oilcan on Jul 27, 2006, 10:17pm

I hand out a hearty thank you for the app. guide. My printer is cussing you out, though...

Sorry, Tim. I'm going through some driveline options between the 715 and Mr. Stupid, and I'll use it on one or the other. The winch is set to go on the 715, but I wasn't planning on swapping a 205 in it for a while yet. Maybe the ole' ice cream truck will get it instead.

Default elliott :

Post by elliott on Aug 4, 2006, 6:51am

Hey, having some trouble finding info on older Chelsea units, do you mind telling me what the code is on the tag for your unit, and how many teeth are on the gear?
    What size is the output shaft, 1 1/4"?
    TIA

Default oilcan :

Post by oilcan on Aug 4, 2006, 8:34am

The output shaft is 1" even, and the gear has 23 teeth.
    The data plate doesn't have anything stamped for the model, and it says the ass'y number is A1KHNW 1 E.

Default moosejr :

Post by moosejr on Aug 12, 2006, 5:35pm

I doubt that it will hook up. I have on off of a SM465 that I was hoping to put on my 205 case, and the gear was wrong, pitch is opposite direction. How I found out it was for a 465 was that i took the cover off the 465 and tried it.. .unfortunately i dont need pto on my 465

wanna swap?

I am in CA