Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Project M715... Eh!

Quote Originally Posted by jhartings View Post
    Real nice! Like the rims/tires. What paint did you use for the frame? I am about to paint mine and will probably end up with POR15.

That’s POR-15. I ordered semi-gloss on line. Amazon I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome... thanks for the info.

Been slowly getting at it! Everything seems to take so much time because I’m trying to make all the new parts work together or refurbishing the old components as I put stuff back together. Had a helper today though!

Smile

Truck is looking awesome. It’s great to have a helper! My daughters won’t set foot in my shop

For chassis paint, I am using Eastwood Extreme Chassis paint on my CJ2A. I like it it better than POR-15. It sprays on and is not as thick as POR-15. The downside to POR-15 and powdercoating is that it is not easily removed later in life.

Any tips on how you guys clean inside s tubular frame? How to get all the old mud out then prime/encapsulate and paint?

My current plans are to shoot up inside every hole I can find and use my pressure washer, then use the POR spray paint (or other) with a straw/hose to get up in the frame.

Any tips on how you guys clean inside s tubular frame? How to get all the old mud out then prime/encapsulate and paint?

My current plans are to shoot up inside every hole I can find and use my pressure washer, then use the POR spray paint (or other) with a straw/hose to get up in the frame.

I didn’t worry too much about anywhere I couldn’t get to with a brush. It’s lasted 52 years without a coating and it’s going to be a garage queen now, lol.

Dash is ready to go in!

Nice! Love the wiring work. Pretty slick.

I used several cans of this stuff inside the boxed in areas of my truck's frame, and especially the rocker panels, and hat channels of the cab and bed.
    https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-in...z-aerosol.html