Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rpgdeity : Argentinean 230 Tornado

Default rpgdeity : Argentinean 230 Tornado

Argentinean 230 Tornado
    Post by rpgdeity on Apr 25, 2006, 9:12pm

In my opinion this is very very cool. I don't know if anybody has seen this or not, but I found a site that is like our M-715 zone, but for the Argentinean Jeep pickups. It has all sorts of picture gallaries and technical manuals.

After a long search, I finally found a picture of the Argentinean Jeep 230 OHC Tornado with the different head that has 6 intake and exhaust ports. I need to get myself one of these. I wonder if the head gaskets will interchange?(sorry, I just had to, lol). I just think this is really cool, lol. Here are some pics, but check the site out for yourself.

http://www.jeepgladiator.com.ar/

What I did was go to Google.com, then go to Language Tools, then enter the sites address and have Google translate the site from spanish to english.

They even have some pics of the M-715 under the gallery name "Curiosities", lol.

Default amphi :

Re: Argentinean 230 Tornado
    Post by amphi on Apr 25, 2006, 9:39pm

That really is cool and I bet it sounds real good with the split exhaust manifold. I think they sound even better than a flat head v-8 with duals. I was going to build a split header for mine since the manifold is cracked but instead I bought a used stock one for Bob Cowan. Maybe later if this one goes!! Has anybody made one?

Nice pics rpgdeity

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Apr 26, 2006, 6:17am

I wonder if you could just swap the head or is the block different too?

Default boghog :

Post by boghog on Apr 26, 2006, 6:36am

It would be nice if the motor had the seven main bearings like a normal six. That with the head, civy pistons, for the higher comp. and what a set up! I would also like to see how they take care of the timing chain slack.

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Apr 26, 2006, 6:59am

I think the Argentinean 230 does have 7 main bearings.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Apr 26, 2006, 9:10am

Early ones have 4, later have 7...it changed in the early 70's somewhere.

Default boghog :

Post by boghog on Apr 26, 2006, 11:08am

Would be nice to get my hands on one. The shipping would kill any deal you could find, I guess.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Apr 26, 2006, 3:58pm

Something interesting to note is that, except for one of the images above, which I posted back a couple years ago on the Zone, all of these show the military engine, motor mounts on the side of the block instead if the big shim plate between the timing cover and block face and head face that has the civvy mounts on it....head gasket with the extra wings on it, 8 bolt water pump as opposed to the civvy engines 7...

The 3rd pic you linked has the civvy head....block is dead straight at the front...

Wonder if the difference was convenience of using a similiar drawing, based on the civvy motor OR maybe the older 4 bolt main ones they used were based on the civvy and the newer 7 bolt were based on the mil engine....

I still have those pics on my drive here...I add one more of their later style water pump that shows a competely different bolt pattern from either the civvy or mil engines built here by Kaiser:

Default mikel :

Post by mikel on Apr 26, 2006, 5:22pm

They have a picture of *my* M715 that I have no idea where they got it from

Default rpgdeity :

Post by rpgdeity on Apr 26, 2006, 6:17pm

Yeah, pretty much their whole site is picture galleries. I was looking through the M-715 pics to see if I saw anything familiar. On the left hand side, I think its something like "Mecanica", there is a large collection of pics of the engine. Everything from whole exploded view, to dist, to timing chain and cover, to electrical schematics. If your interested in the engine, go to their site. I just posted a couple of notable pics that I thought was interesting.

We have any members on the Zone from Argentina? I thought that we did.