Thread: swamper LBT tires good or bad choice ?

Default swamper LBT tires good or bad choice ?

4 wheel parts has 40x16x16 swamper LBT tires on sale for $288 per tire and $69.00 shipping on 4 tires . this sounds like a good deal on 40 inch tires but are these tires any good ? super swamper compaires these to the tsl tires and those are around $100 a tire or more in this size . so has anyone out there bought these tires and what are your thoughts and even if you havent bought a set if you know something let me know . THANKS

I don't have any experience with LTB's, but the price sounds good for a 40 in. tire. I got 39.5x13.5x16 Bias Ply IROCS for $250 each but that was 2 yaers ago.

While I am a HUGE un-fan of Interco I've heard good things about the LTB's.
    Have custom rims? 16" wide is toooooo much for the stockers no matter what tube you have
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Default lbt's

i forgot to say that i was going to get a new set of marshall rims most likely 16 x 10's

Quote Originally Posted by randall555 View Post
    4 wheel parts has 40x16x16 swamper LBT tires on sale for $288 per tire and $69.00 shipping on 4 tires . this sounds like a good deal on 40 inch tires but are these tires any good ? super swamper compaires these to the tsl tires and those are around $100 a tire or more in this size . so has anyone out there bought these tires and what are your thoughts and even if you havent bought a set if you know something let me know . THANKS

I currently have a set of 10.50 LBT's on my cj3a and while much smaller then what your buying. The mud traction is excellent, snow is good and ice is not so good. I cannot tell the difference from the TSL's I had on my CJ7 for on or off road manners.

I would get them if your truck is gear'ed more for off-road mud use.
    Kevin
    68 M715 Modified

My best friend has 40 LTB's on a yj. Couldn't ask for a better offroad tire.
    Out of the half dozen or so people I've known running a LTB in various sizes I've never heard anything good about the highway manners but never heard anything bad about the offroad manners either.

Great tire in the mud, decent in the sand, only so-so in the rocks-by my opinion. good price you have there for new wheels.

My experience with swampers, both on my CJ-3A and my M-715. Good in mud, fair in snow, flat-a$$ dangerous on ice, poor road manners and wet traction. Wear ridiculously fast on pavement, and near-impossible to balance and keep balanced. Personally, I would not spend the money to get them mounted and balanced if the tires were given to me. .. that being said, I understand the LTB is an improvement in design over the TSL, .. . however every person I have ever talked to about swamper tires has the same opinion regarding their short lifespan. The tires are tough, I will give them that, never torn a sidewall. . .and both the CJ and the M-715 have done the Rubicon. .

I ran 33x13.5r16 LTBs on my on my pick-up since they came out with them. You get about 3/4" more tread depth than any of the other swampers and they're cheaper than any other comparable tire on the market. I used to replace the two rear tires every year because of the H.O. 454, just move the fronts to the back and repeat next year.
    Traction is average at best. I honestly got better all around traction with BFG all terrains.
    TSLs would tear the outer lugs of the front tires when high speed cornering, that never happened to the LTBs.
    I have had six sets LTBs and have no complaints, they're fun tires. You can throw huge roosts with 425 horspower