Thread: Update on my 67 M 715

Default Update on my 67 M 715

Most of ya'll will remember my '67 M715 I got a while back.

I began working on it on a regular basis this summer. With the help from a 78 J-10 parts truck, I was able to upgrade the steering, brakes and wiring. Of course when your mating several vehicles together, it never goes as smoothly as it seemed before you start. The PO had started swapping in a 318/727 into this ride. In looking at the original wiring, it looked to be easier to just swap the harness over from the J truck. This led to another swap. Since all of the wiring would be in the M 715, why not swap the steering column over also. This eventually gave me the ability to use the key switch in it. This led me down another side track as I thought it would be cool to take the old clutch pedal out and swap in the wider brake pedal. Since I planned on upgrading to a dual master cylinder. Here's a pic of the progress as of about a month ago:

Swapping the steering box out led to some more fabbing and swapping out of other parts. Luckily for me, a buddy donated a mid 80s Chrysler Grand Fury with a running engine to use or part out as I need. Right now, I just changed out the water pump so that the lower radiator hose is toward the passenger side of the truck. This gave me room to install the power steering pump from the car. I'm in the process of swapping to a radiator that'll fit everything I've changed. If the weather holds out, I should have the radiator in and can start on placing the battery and getting it ready to run.

More pics can be seen here.

I'm really diggin the dualie and think it'd be great w/some extended fenders in the rear... makes it look like it's ready to go to work

the front bumper is really cool looking too on a non stock look truck!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I like that front bumper too......Looks like its coming along nicely.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Very cool!
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Thanks!!

I'm still thinking about what I'll use to extend the fenders. One idea is to use some belting material. I liked the bumper when I first got the truck. But I'm thinking I may like something closer to stock... maybe later though. I didn't get to do very much on it today. Maybe tomorrow I can get some done.

I like the grille hangin' on the shed, I have an M-151, and a M-38 grille hanging in my garage. Someday I hope to collect them all.

husker-rat Guest

What was the chrome grille from? I think it would look good in flat black.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER68 View Post
    I like the grille hangin' on the shed
    Looks like a DJ grille there on the shed.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Good eye. I picked up the DJ grill along with a hood when I got bored with my Jeepster Commando and wanted to convert it over to a CJ style front clip. I got the grill because some of the guys that have done this along with swapping in a V-8 used the DJ grill to help add room for the radiator to be moved forward. I wasn't sure I was going to use it. But couldn't pass it up.

The grill that was on the truck when I got it came from a J-truck. It'll probably end up as wall art up next to the DJ grill.