ForumsBasic TrainingOnline Maintenance ManualsThe M715 Zone Vin RegistryVPW's M715 Parts ListGalleriesLinks

Go Back   M715 Zone > General Tech > Modified Tech

Modified Tech Tech forums for Modified M715 series vehicles

Old November 7th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Private

res0wc18 is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
You'll just need to potentailly rotate the calipers below the springs... thats what I have to do with my 10.25 Sterling Rear axle

Cool thanks for the pictures. So it looks like the leaf springs are innthe stock m715 outboard location? Is the sterling 10.25 the same width as the 14 bolt?

What did you do to clear the front rotors and calipers?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Old November 8th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Sergeant

Flingarrows is a Soldier

I dont have any real good pictures, but I used a 14bolt from a 73 K20 pickup, clocking the brackets:
http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showpost....&postcount=135
Joshua 24:15
Old November 8th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Private

res0wc18 is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
I dont have any real good pictures, but I used a 14bolt from a 73 K20 pickup, clocking the brackets:
http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showpost....&postcount=135

So you used a 14 bolt with the disc brake conversion kit from offroad design and rotated the bracket down to clear the m715 leaf springs which are in the stock outboard of the frame position? What did you do about the front gm dana 60?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old November 8th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Private

res0wc18 is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
So you used a 14 bolt with the disc brake conversion kit from offroad design and rotated the bracket down to clear the m715 leaf springs which are in the stock outboard of the frame position? What did you do about the front gm dana 60?

Read through your build thread nice work. Youre using a dana 44 front still I believe but if the model you have is very similar to a gm dana 60 question is still open...does a cucv k30 srw gm dana 60 need working over to put in the front of the m715 with the leaf springs in the stock location? Or just move the spring perches?

I think you pretty much cleared up them questions about the 14 bolt. Disc conversion rotate the bracket down to put them below the stock outboard m715 leaf springs, weld the spring perches in the new location and youre good to go? I believe?

Old November 9th, 2015, 04:08 AM
Sergeant

Flingarrows is a Soldier

Quote:
Read through your build thread nice work. Youre using a dana 44 front still I believe but if the model you have is very similar to a gm dana 60 question is still open...does a cucv k30 srw gm dana 60 need working over to put in the front of the m715 with the leaf springs in the stock location? Or just move the spring perches?

I think you pretty much cleared up them questions about the 14 bolt. Disc conversion rotate the bracket down to put them below the stock outboard m715 leaf springs, weld the spring perches in the new location and youre good to go? I believe?

Correct on all! I'm not sure on the 60 front. That will be a year or so down the road for me
Joshua 24:15
Old November 9th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Private

res0wc18 is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
Correct on all! I'm not sure on the 60 front. That will be a year or so down the road for me
Awesome. I forgot to mention that all of this will be a spring over setup just like the chevy is from the factory but with a little less stiff springs ha.

So the rear 14 bolt is cleared up. Rear disc conversion, rotate calipers down and weld perches in new location.

So on to the front gm dana 60 srw from a cucv l, the unsolved issue.

Old November 9th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Corporal

venominjected is a Soldier

Quote:
Awesome. I forgot to mention that all of this will be a spring over setup just like the chevy is from the factory but with a little less stiff springs ha.

So the rear 14 bolt is cleared up. Rear disc conversion, rotate calipers down and weld perches in new location.

So on to the front gm dana 60 srw from a cucv l, the unsolved issue.

Its been discussed on here before... i think there was pictures somewhere earlier in the thread.

Google image search: "M715zone Dana 60 spring over"
Old November 10th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Private

res0wc18 is a Soldier

Well I've looked over everything on the issue of mounting a gm srw dana 60 front. Since the springs are directly under the frame on the m715 in the front axle location not outboard i think it should work by moving and reeling the spring perches.

Old April 2nd, 2016, 04:22 PM
New Recruit

Patriot Paratrooper is a Soldier

I'm running a axle out of a one ton chevy express van. Direct bolt in, I have disk brakes on all corners, and the van axle has a government locker in it. I made a bracket under the cab to connect the original parking brake lever and rod to the rear cables. Parking brake works good and my truck will stop on a dime.
Old April 27th, 2016, 12:24 PM
New Recruit

VTX_Cas is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Paratrooper View Post
I'm running a axle out of a one ton chevy express van. Direct bolt in, I have disk brakes on all corners, and the van axle has a government locker in it. I made a bracket under the cab to connect the original parking brake lever and rod to the rear cables. Parking brake works good and my truck will stop on a dime.
what year of van did you use for donor?