Thread: M-715 leaf springs.

Default M-715 leaf springs.

Are M-715 leaf springs a one off or is something else common similar?

I am installing a 5.9 with rockwells. No matter what I do I'm not comfortable with the pan/cross member to top of the rockwell clearance.

I would like to get a spring with a 2" lift. Helpers tend to not last not to mention ride terrible on top of a stock spring and I'm not interested in any other shackle, block or anything else really...cheating the lift.

Thoughts or knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by nolfy View Post
    Are M-715 leaf springs a one off or is something else common similar?

I am installing a 5.9 with rockwells. No matter what I do I'm not comfortable with the pan/cross member to top of the rockwell clearance.

I would like to get a spring with a 2" lift. Helpers tend to not last not to mention ride terrible on top of a stock spring and I'm not interested in any other shackle, block or anything else really...cheating the lift.

Thoughts or knowledge?
    Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, CO might be able to help you out. They were familiar with the specs for a my '72 IH 1310, and that impressed me.

Whether something else uses the same spring I dont know but NOTHING Jeep even comes close...the springs in the civilian applications are much weaker than ours...like 165 pounds to deflect them an inch versus over 700 lbs to deflect the stock M715 rear spring one inch...
    A huge difference...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Not sure if it helps but I have a spare set of leaf springs if you are interested.

Thanks all. I will probably cave and go new. I am well aware of the differences in an m715 and any j version no question. Should have known the whole jeep thing. I have two brand new sets I'll post on this site for sale properly. Not like they really go bad but the supply really has dwindled. They rust and the rubber end get mangled but there really isn't much you can do to really kill them other than crazy rust or an accident. I wasn't trying to go cheap but a new experience for me in springs. Re-arching and a helper, I knew the answer...for something so heavy but just thought i'd ask and double verify before I watch the UPS lady dragging the new s off her truck one at a time this winter. She already hates me for every package I get.