Thread: Pilot bearing needed

Default Pilot bearing needed

I started the 6.2 swap into my M725. When I pulled the SBC 350 out I noticed that the pilot bearing had a lot of wear. The shaft on the T98 looks ok. The pilot bearing I had was from Novak. I called Novak and they would not give me a civi part number or size measurements. They will sell me one but I have to wait on shipping. Does anyone know of a pilot bearing / bushing that will work?
    I have never played with a hydraulic clutch. How hard are they to set up?

They won't tell you because they are a cinch to make with a small lathe and the correct tooling. PM me if you want me to make you one. I just made three of them for Fisherman. Different motor though. He might have enough oilite stock left for another.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

I don’t mind getting one from Novak, $14. Parts store would be close to that price. I could bet a GM and drill out the center to the right size if I knew the size and it should work. Don’t have a lathe. Just wanted it now and thought I could get it locally.

Take some measurements of the hole in the end of the crank and then the end of the input shaft. A good parts man will have a catalog that gives the od and id measurements of the pilot bearings. I think the diesels had bearings versus bushings because the bearings are heavy duty.