Thread: custom engine swap harnesses - hemi, cummins, et. al.

Default custom engine swap harnesses - hemi, cummins, et. al.

another lead from the Jeep show this weekend that i picked up was a guy who does CUSTOM wiring harnesses. his current ones are centered around the 5.7/6.1 Hemi's... but I did talk to him about a cummins' harness (both 4bbt and 6bbt)... as well as a custom body/cab harness in both 12v and 24v.

not sure on cost yet... and what he would need from "us" would be a detailed wiring diagram as well as dimensions of the truck for lengths of wire.

oh yeah... and i talked to a guy that does custom dash's too. hahaha. it was a busty weekend

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by pamuddyjeep View Post

it was a busty weekend
    That's never a bad thing....how did you concentrate on the Jeeps though?
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default All breeds Jeep show

You went to the York town show and did not come over to the United Four Wheel Drive both and say hello?

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    That's never a bad thing....how did you concentrate on the Jeeps though?
    hahaha... typo's.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepcj View Post
    You went to the York town show and did not come over to the United Four Wheel Drive both and say hello?
    I had my own booth to run. And if I wasn't there I was out pressing flesh or drooling over that M725 - and the only reason I got to talk to them is because they have a team in the one rock-crawl series I am shooting pictures for.

Didn't even know you guys were there. Had I known I would have stopped by

Wow, talk about a thread from the past.

Just realized you guys were talking about me and the rest of the PRR crew. I don't remember talking to anyone there about doing harnesses though, granted we had several people working the booth that year.

Not really in the business to 'sell' harnesses anymore, but if someone needs a hand getting a late model engine running in an old truck feel free to bug me.

At this point I've done 2 buggies with late model Chevy stuff in them and the 5.7 in the 725.

Cummins, well pre 24 valve, should be stupid simple to get running.

newer Chrysler CANBus stuff, well that takes a little more creativity.

Jason

Yeah the 12 valve ve pump Cummins only require 12v to a fuel solenoid, same for p7100 pump 12 valve. The 24 valves can be ran with three 12v ignition on wires.

Now common rails...... thats where pre made harnesses are needed. Good info especially since the 5.7 hemi's are becomming readily available for swaps

Quote Originally Posted by tndonor View Post
    Yeah the 12 valve ve pump Cummins only require 12v to a fuel solenoid, same for p7100 pump 12 valve. The 24 valves can be ran with three 12v ignition on wires.

Now common rails...... thats where pre made harnesses are needed. Good info especially since the 5.7 hemi's are becomming readily available for swaps
    One of my current goals on the 5.7 is to find a way to eliminate the Front Control module in swaps that have the 545 RFE in them. The Auto tranny won't shift unless the ECU knows the vehicle speed. The vehicle speed is sent over the can bus from the Front Control Module after it talks to the ABS module and sensors.

Currently looking at building a box that will take about any speed sensor and get that information onto the can bus to get the engine happy again. Once I have a box on the bus I can do fun things like driving analog gauges from the information on the bus (Speed, coolant temp, rpm, etc).

I know most guys here are not going to like a drive by wire setup though . Honestly it works out well for the swap and the Dodge truck setup works very well with the stock M truck gas pedal.

Jason

Have there been any new developments with a 5.7 Hemi harness?