Thread: Face Mask

Default Face Mask

It happened last night. My 12 year old 3M painting mask broke. I mean it feel apart and duct tape can't even hold it together any more. I need a new one. Obviously, since it was so current and new, I have no clue if there is anything "new and improved" in this field of products. Is there anything different about mask and what do you guys recomend?

Thanks. I am just looking for a mask with replaceble filters. Not a self contained breathing unit.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Tim, I say run with what you know. EVERYTHING is bigger and better now-a-days. I use a basic nose/mouth mask with filters on either side. Works well for me. Also, I don't know if you do any sandblasting, but you might take safety goggles with you to make sure the two don't interfere. I'm glad I did.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I use the 3M dual cartridge masks as well in the paintbooth here and they do really well. Do be sure that the one you buy is not the one in the white bag that is disposable. You cannot buy replacement filters or parts for that model.

Where ever you buy it, be sure that they can supply you with the filters and the pre-filters too.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I recently purchased a new 3M mask for barn clean-outs and wood working. As mentioned above, it is more advanced from previous masks if one has not purchased a mask in a long while. However, I found myself gasping for air when using the new mask. That's a slight exaggeration, but I did notice a breathing limitation not previously experienced.

Keep in mind that, thus far, my recent and only experience with the new mask was for a barn clean out, which is sometimes a very rigorous event, and not similar to many less strenuous activities. Unfortunately, the mask is at the farm, so I am unable to provide detailed information to assist in your endeavor.

I am partial to the 3M face masks. Just make sure which ever one you choose will have replacement cartridges available. They make quite a few different face masks these days, from different companies. Good luck with your choice.

I've had good luck with these, comfortable and reasonably priced: https://www.abatix.com/default.aspx?...temcode=3M6300

I like this vendor too. Just be sure to get the cartridges that are suitable for organic vapors if you are going to be painting. I would think the regular N-95s should be ok for cleaning barns and such.

I like the multi vapor cartridges. I use one at work and it keeps the smell out, you know what I mean. The OV will stop smells but will allow other vapors and gases in. The cartridges for mold abetment will stop almost everything and I think they are the best.
    It also helps to have the throw away cover filters to catch the wet paint in the air before it clogs the main filters. It will make them last a lot longer.