Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: door to cab seals

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    This thread is about the rubber seals that wrap all the way around the door...
    I thought this thread was about the odd rubber cab seal located in the upper front corners of the door jamb, as seen on page 228, item 5 in the parts manual.

Without this part, there is a big air/water hole between the cab and the door.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    I thought this thread was about the odd rubber cab seal located in the upper front corners of the door jamb, as seen on page 228, item 5 in the parts manual.

Without this part, there is a big air/water hole between the cab and the door.
    I believe what we're talking about includes that part. VaM715 said the seal "kit" would include some 12 different parts.

Anyway, here's the link to the PseudoZone thread where all this discussion took off: http://m715zone.proboards102.com/ind...6463528&page=1

VaM715, we could sure use a bit of clarification here!
    -- Tim Taylor

It started out as the cab to door seal at the front-top of the doors. Teking sent VaM715 the part to copy. I sent VaM715, examples of the oem door seal with the spring clips, the cab to door seal at the rear-top of the doors, the rubber bumper beween cab and door, the seal between the window and the cab-top frame, and the rubber bed mounts including the flat piece under the toolbox.

From my conversations with VaM715, this activity was being performed on-the-side as part of the hobby and not as money-making proposition. However, his business is making custom rubber parts so he should be well-qualified.

As far as I know, no one has sent any money and at this point, I think I am the only one who has parts that haven't been returned (I think Teking got his NOS piece back). For myself, I am not too concerned since my trucks have been in their current state for years and a little more time waiting for someone to reproduce parts to oe specs is not a problem.

That's great news that all the w.s. parts may be reproduced, because I could use a whole set.

I was apparently basing my information on the first part of the original Pzone thread and didn't follow along well enough to understand the repo parts list expanded to all the other rubber parts. You guys are on top of it, so I'll wait to hear the good news when the parts are available.

One clarification though, isn't the other rubber (other than part #5 mentioned above) easy to locate from Civvy Jeep pickups? I specifically mean the lower door w.s. material and the bump stop near the latch. I haven't looked for these parts yet, but I was about to start.

Somewhere on the PseudoZone there was a post made by VaM715 in which he said a seal set would consist of some 12 or so parts, so I think we're talking a complete door seal setup.

When I asked about the Civvy Jeep pickup door seals, I was told those seals are on the body whereas the M715 seals are on the doors. Though Porkchop said he remembered his '67 Wagoneer (Cherokee?) having seals on the doors.
    -- Tim Taylor

The "around the door" weatherstripping from 70's-91 is on the door FRAME. It works on the 715, but from what I read here, it is NOT stock.

If you do use FSJ WS, get it from a 4 door truck. You will need the rear door WS to complete the corners around the windows.

Man!!! What a thread! Sorry guys, I had a heart attack in December, but I'm back in the saddle full time. Recoup has been a b****! But at 40 I'm to young to die. So now for a little update on our seals. My original intentions were and still are, to provide for this forum, weather seals for the entire truck.This health setback has me backtracking everything. When I was out most of my info vanished, but thankfully, my samples that you guys sent in are still here. From my end, most all of the seals were custom molded and that means new tooling. The corner door seal, front and rear, have an internal stamping, (read more tooling here), that must be reproduced. The lower door trim was a Masticated Rubber, that had the door clips molded into it. There was tooling there as well. The small door bumber is not a real issue. I produce parts like those all the time. Just like the Tailgate bumpers. I just made a fresh batch of 100 pcs last week. So, to go forward, I am going to persue the following means. The lower door trim seal I am trying make with an internal spring that the door clips are attached to at the correct spacing to snap in. I feel like I can extrude this in a continuous run and make a pretty good part. The seal on the door fame the window seals against is a pretty common part for me as well. I have a couple to work with I already make. The seal under the windshield is available from Memphis, but I have tried 3 of theirs and they all leaked. I found a few areas that need some revamp, so I am going to produce it in a better form, different durometer and material, to give a better seal. The seals on the cab at the door latch are going to be rough to do, but I can do them. More tooling and such, but hey, that's life. All this tooling is on me, so don't everybody get to uptight. I still feel like we will come in about $100 or so for a set. Hopefully, less. So in closing guys, I apologize for the time between all this from the old zone to the new.( Great work guys!!) I thank each of you for the samples. Oh, and whoever sent me the nice set of seals for the door latches, Kwai maybe? I need permission to destroy them to make the internal stamping. I am so sorry that it looked like I dropped the ball, but life dealt me a hand I had to play. Thanks for the understanding and I will keep us at the top of the heap until we are done.
    Thanks alot for bearing with me.
    Loren Bruffey Jr
    VaM715

Default No apology needed

No apology needed, your health is of the utmost importance. Terribly sorry to hear that you went through that, but glad to hear you are recovering. Very excited to hear that your still going forward with this, and that you are making progress. If there is anything I, (or someone on the Zone) can do to help, please let us know. Also, someone please add me to this list, I'll take 1 set.

What he said.

That is a good price point, IMHO.

Put me down for a set and LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR. <g>

Glad you're getting better and back on the job. As for the seals for the door latches, I am not sure I sent you those. You might post a pic of what you mean.