Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: binfordm715 : Stencil progress

Default beast :

Re: Stencil progress
    Post by beast on Sept 20, 2006, 10:32am

Quote:
    Hold on there, Beast!

I'm thinking perhaps I'd prefer the fuel caution to be vinyl labels instead of stencils. That thing would be a serious pizzed-off biatch to remove while the paint is still wet! Can you do that one in labels, and still have the broken stencil font?

Also, the fuel and highbeam stickers were huge. Could you do those in little size. Like 1/4" tall or less? White lables, non-broken.

Finally, could I get a "NO SMOKING" label for the inside bottom of the windshield? In yellow stickers with broken-stencil font 1/2" tall?

Just let me know what it all costs and I'll PayPal you or send you a check. Whatever you prefer.

Thanks!

Sorry, I mailed them about 1.5 hours ago. Try them and see if they will work for you. Try cutting it in to three line strips. That way you can peel each line. If you still want it in decals let me know and I'll do them that way. The others I'll work on for you and get them out when done. 1/4" on the fuel and highbeam is going to be really small. Also most inside stenciling on things like no smoking or max speed where 1"

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Sept 20, 2006, 10:48am

Wow!!! You are FAST!

I'll try doing the fuel caution line-by-line as you suggest. That should help a lot!

I thought 1" on the windshield frame was a bit large. Perhaps 3/4" would be better than 1/2".

Thanks!

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Sept 20, 2006, 8:37pm

Timmah...looking good. I prefer to use the old oil boards for stencling. Gives you the right amount of overspray and you don't have to peel the sticker out of the middle of the letters....

Default jeepistdougiowa :

Post by jeepistdougiowa on Sept 21, 2006, 2:23am

I was going to comment about how your new trusses looked like they'd been around a while...guess you answered that.

truck looks great!

One other trick to try, stick the stencil to your shirt or some other clean piece of cloth first. Makes em so they're not so sticky...peel off easier. Anyway...test a small one first, not sure how thin that paint is and it may want to run under the stencil.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Sept 21, 2006, 8:50am

Not just of yourself Al. Remember what happened to your Antelope pictures from Yellowstone?

Tim,
    Be sure and post a summary of what you ended up doing to make the stencils and stickers work right. Now that I will have bumperettes in a few weeks and the rest of my truck green before that I hope, I will be going down the same trail by winter.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Sept 21, 2006, 1:41pm

The real test will be the fuel caution stencils! I'll let you know how that goes. They are 3-line stencils. I am going to separate each of the lines and shoot them individually. I have found the vinyl really sticks tough, so I will do the stick-on-the-shirt-first trick that Doug suggested. I'm sure there will be little, if any, overspray doing that. Certainly far less than using oil boards.

But the only trick is shooting the paint on quickly and heavily, until I don't see any green underneath, then pulling the stencil off. Worked great then, though you have to be careful not to get yellow paint smeared all over the place!