Thread: Solid State Flasher Turn Signal Wiring Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Solid State Flasher Turn Signal Wiring Help

Hi Guys,
    I had an old Sparton turn signal that died on me. When I ordered a new one from Memphis Equipment they send me a solid state turn signal, wiring harness and the flasher box. I need some help getting everything converted over. Anyone have the step by step instructions on how to do this? Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Linus

Up at the top under the link for Online Maintenance Manuals, there is a link for how to convert the turn signals from old style to the solid state.
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?...signal_convert

There are a lot of good tips and things listed on that page and it is my go to place first when I need to looks something up.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Treat the solid state flasher box very nice. A single stray electron from an inadvertent ground will fry it.

Immerse yourself in the land of A, B, C, 468, 20, 21, etc.... Once you start thinking in that language it is an easy conversion. At least that is how I approach it each time I have done it.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks you!

Glad that you were able to accomplish this.

On a twist though, my truck is a 1969 but started life as an M-726. The data plate was missing but there were just too many signs of how it began its journey. It didn't have a hood-mounted air cleaner. It didn't have a governor. But it did have an electronic turn signal. I wanted my truck to reflect the two trucks that I drove whilst in the army. So, being the renegade, I converted my truck back to the old style distribution relay box with all NOS parts. To my surprise, it worked and no wires smoked.

Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts. And a special thanks to Ron Boltz for his tremendously helpful, clear to read wiring diagrams.

Too late to help you, but maybe someone can use them some day. Just found my notes while cleaning the shop.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...

Ah, the Rosetta Stone of the M715 wiring job.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I did a similar thing when I converted from Solid State flashers back to the earlier distribution box, because my trucks in the army had that and I preferred the Spartan switch. To my surprise, it worked first time and I did not release the factory installed smoke out of any wiring.

Thanks again to Ron Boltz for his excellent drawing, available here ion the "Online Maintenance Manuals" tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Ah, the Rosetta Stone of the M715 wiring job.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...