Thread: Lights and tires

Default Lights and tires

is there any different light I can put in my truck that is easy to install or would I have to rewire everything to do so? is there any tire that is kind cheap and the original military tires and the wheel sizes is 9.00-16.
    its still on a 24v system just was wonder if you could put new style headlights and stuff without rewiring the whole thing
    Last edited by Bruce3445; May 10th, 2020 at 01:06 PM.

Are you looking for something brighter or just a replacement, and is your truck still 24v ? I don't believe 9.00x16 and cheap is going to happen unless you get lucky and find some used ones that are not dry rotted. A lot of the new tires that are cheaper are not DOT approved for on road use. I purchased 4 new Firestone NDT's last year and with free shipping they still were $325 each.

I believe I might have seen some LED headlights at Summit that would operate on 24V. Had turn signal lights built into the bottom portion of the light, too.

Look up cooper tire. I run the sta super lug works great

I bought a pair of these Autopal headlight conversions, but have not installed them yet. You can specify 12v or 24v.

Years back I installed hella halogen lights that are PLENTY bright and come in 24 volt...

Hella number for 24 Volt H4 headlight bulb: 64196 (that was 2 decades ago...)

Since that was originally posted, it appears to be renumbered as 78160 in a Hella bulb...same specs in every regard including 24 volt and 70w low beam/75 watt high beam...crossreferences listed below:

EIKO 01010

GE 50450

LUCAS 475478

NARVA 48892

OSRAM/SYLVANIA 64196

PHILLIPS 13342

WAGNER 2475H4

Fits in a housing that fits the stock M715 headlight location...housing is number:

Amazon lists the housing here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hella-0023950.../dp/B005OULUQO

About $35 each housing and 6 bucks a bulb...

As far as brightness, they are outstanding...I never even thought more light would be needed...great coverage on low, absolutely lights up the whole world in front of you on high!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Oh and easy to install...they fit right in the M715...you just need to get the wires cut off the originals and onto these...any H4 bulb socket with 3 wires will let you do it...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!