I haven't been on here in a while. Since I sold my second truck I have been busy doing other projects. I needed a break from the military trucks for a while.

I am currently in the middle of a project restoring/converting a rusted out 1998 Wrangler TJ to look like a 1977 CJ-7. I am also putting a Chevy LS engine in it along with a long arm suspension lift. I haven't been making any progress on it lately because so many more important things keep coming up. I'd like to give a link to that build thread but am not sure if that's appropriate.

Anyway I'm into that project pretty deep but I am starting to get the itch to get going on my next M715. I don't really have enough parts to make a complete m715 right now anyway but I couldn't pass up a truck that may become the donor for the drivetrain. Last Saturday I dragged home a 2001 RAM 2500 Cummins 4x4 truck. It has a coil sprung front axle though so I don't know if I'll use that on this build.

I'm also not certain I want to do my third M715 as a diesel. I have a couple Chevy LS engines that run good and would give the truck plenty of power to cruise around town in. I don't really need the M715 to be a tow vehicle.

If I do end up using the diesel I'm also toying with the idea of attempting to put the M715 body on the Dodge frame. That would allow me to retain many of the attributes of a more modern truck. (Like the front axle/suspension.) I can modify the frame but am not sure if I can make it look like it's supposed to fit.

I thought I'd get the thread started even though it's going to be a while (possibly a long while) before I get the build under way. I'm hoping that starting this build thread will keep me motivated to finish the CJ-7/Wrangler build sooner.