Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a distributor

hello fellas i have a little bit of a problem i have a broken distributor(the terminals on the top broke as i was changing the spark plug wires) and am i need of a new one so if y'all have any ideas or even a spare distributor i could releave ya's of then i would be much abbliged.
    thanks
    brad in iowa

Default Brake Maintainance Q

Brad, the distributor cover is available on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466763150

The dist cover and cap inside may be available from AB Linn. I believe his email address is: ablinn@salisbury.net

Default wanted, i need help! please

just thought that i would say that i don't need one any more but would like to know what the chevy distributor numbers manufacturers numbers are.
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's

I thought you had a 230 engine...guess I missed the chevy part...what are you looking for? make model, etc?
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

no i have one of these that has a chevy distributor on it and i was wondering if any of you know of a chey distributor that would work for my truck but if not i will try to find out more information from the guy i bought the truck from.
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's

6. Default

So is it a 230 Tornado with a Chevy distributor on it??? I is corn-fused??? What-Up Go Cart Teen?
    1969 M715

well yes it is a jeep tornado with a chevy distributor in it at least that is the information given to me by the retired fire cheif at the station that i bought this one at. believe me i am confused at how this works also but they claim that it runs better then the stocker and was easy to put in??? but i am skeptical as to how it was done as they had a drive gear on them but also the shaft was similar to our beloved 230 distributor so i dont know maybe he was wrong but maybe it is to no clue
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's

I think a photo or 2 would be quite helpful....never know what ya got, but Im sure we here can figger it out for ya!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

well i havent taken delivery of the jeep yet but as soon as i do i will post some pics for you and confirm that my source was a:right or b:wrong
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's

cool...will be waiting for that...
    brute4c