Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M724/6217 Picture post

Default M724/6217 Picture post

I had the opportunity to see an M724 in great condition at the Iola Military show and it was for sale...the owner allowed me to go all over it, open everything and crawl under and take pics. I have never seen one so nice before...had to take a ton of pics...this will take a few posts to get them all in.

Outside view:

Engine compartment and winch:

The ID tag on the drivers front of the bed...thats the drivers door glass and cab canvas on the left:

The battery box, wide shot and close up of label on top:

Overhead view of the shifters:

The military radio mounted above the battery box in the rear of the cab:
    Last edited by brute4c; August 10th, 2008 at 10:28 PM.

The passenger side doors....front door open, note the oxygen tank sticking its head out in the upper right of the compartment:

The middle door open:

The rear upper door and the small lower door open:

Drivers side front door open, this is the controls for the welder and generator:

Close up of the welders amperage selector...WOW...Thems some serious amps!

Shot of just the panel...hour meter shows 12.5 hours on this:

The middle compartment, drivers side:

The gas door just behind the tire and in front of the rear small compartment:

The drivers side rear compartments:

Inside the rear:

The vise in this truck looks like this...not sure but I think this isnt the stock vise:

This big box in the rear of the bed says: Battery Charging Distributing Panel There was a large canvas cover for this box.

High on the drivers side in the rear box:

Looking forward over the Battery Charging Distributing Panel box...one can see the Hobart welder tag at the top of the image, the bed floor, the oxygen bottle up front and the serious mounts for the welder.

Underneath the truck, the tcase has a through drive on the parking brake location and additional linkages...a closer view and a wider one:

Looking rear ward from the case, one sees a LARGE pulley with 4 belts that is hooked to the welder above in the bed to power it. On the right in these pics is a little belt driven part...I didnt check into what that is..sorry...wide and closer views:

View from the rear showing the welder/generator pulley in foreground and the tcase in the rear of the pic:

If you look on the drivers frame rail in te above few pics under the truck, you can see extra wiring and lines...here is a shot showing a bettr view of some of that stuff...dont know what it all is:

I can contact the owner if anyone is interested in this..it had an asking price of $8500 at the show...and as you can see...it is in really nice shape.

You mis-titled this Jon. It is a M724/6217. Early model as evidenced by the removable rear roof, axle disengagement levers, and welder location in the middle compartment.
    It's a really nice example.

Yea that thing's great! Who did the install of the maintenance bed on the cab & chassis after it left the assembly line? All that monkey motion stuff looks like very low production shop-fab grade.

Chris

It is a pretty rough finish. I think the problem was that the np200 doesn't have a pto port. My 724/6217 with the np205 doesn't have all the "monkey motion" stuff.

p.s. I like that term "monkey motion". Can I use it freely. I hope it's not copyrighted or something...

Nah it's cool - I swiped it from someone else, kinda like freeware phrases or something

Chris

Thanks Kwai...changed it up.

It is a nice truck...so is the current owner...I was tryng to take a pic through the window and he opened the door and said do anything you like, take all the pics you want.

He was gone before I could thank him...

Cool truck. I had an opprtunity to buy one a couple of years ago. Now I'm sorry I didn't.
    M715 W/W, M37