Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fasteddie : 725 pics

Default beast :

Re: 725 pics
    Post by beast on Nov 29, 2006, 2:08pm

It's nice to see another one return home to OD green. If you are thinking about putting markings back on it, let me know. Here is the link to my decal site http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

Default fasteddie :

Post by fasteddie on Nov 29, 2006, 8:10pm

wife would not go along with markings , I tried , was going to paint them on when I painted it . Probably will go with magnetics so they can come on & off .

Default sermis :

Post by sermis on Dec 5, 2006, 10:27am

It looks really good but you need markings. They will really change the look. I wish now I would have used the same paint you did insted of the 383.
    I got my markings from BEAST except for the large cross which I painted.

On the floor mat. Where did you get it? I need something as the heat is a killer. I am going to reroute my exhust when I get time.

Default fasteddie :

Post by fasteddie on Dec 5, 2006, 5:38pm

Sermis , on the floor mat , it was a universal fit flat rubber mat .Not sure of size or thickness ,Idid it over a year ago but it is a heavy gauge mat . It came from StockInteriors.com ; contact was Jason , 1-864-292-1275 in Greenville,NC . Web site shows alot of applications and products .
    I first ordered a 1945 to 1971 Jeep Military mat but it wasn't correct so I went with 2 peices of universal matting .
    I cut it to fit except for a small hump over trans tunnel I couldn't get flat . Then used windsheild butyl to glue seams together and black silicone to seal edges of seams . Before that I cleaned the floors , put down Dynamat and a jute pad over it before laying the mat .It helped on the heat & noise since both exhaust pipes go straight back under the floor pan .Also Dynamated the insides of both door panels, kick panels on sides and matted panel behind seats .
    Last edited by brute4c; February 5th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.