Thread: USA6x6 UPDATE!! Racking fracking S-O-B.

So I've bored (educated thoroughly...better be!) you to tears about this bullcrap with USA6x6 and their un-ending supply of put off lines as to why I STILL don't have all my parts from an order placed three months ago.

The latest two lines of quite typical Daniel fashion was this last week:

"My laser plate guy finally got steel and you'll have the first set he cuts and have them next week." This was a voicemail I received AFTER I sent him a picture of the HOLE in one of the high clear pans that *I* had to weld up. Great QC there fellas. Anyway, I took a crap today and missed a call. The voice message was as follows:

"Tom, this is Daniel at USA6x6. (spoken about as fast as a person can) My laser plate guys machine broke down, but I'll be able to have them to you around July 1st." Then his typical, "if you have any questions, any problem, don't hesitate to call ...-...-...." I nearly crapped again. At that point I was sofa-king angry as he'd told me before the first conversation that if the guy couldn't cut them soon, he cut them and get them out himself. Liar. His rear design is cracked out too. I'm going to be making my own 'brake stands' tomorrow that use the rear brakes original backing plate mount instead of having to weld a tall bracket down to the axletube. OH, and on the Quality Control issue, along with having the EASILY spotted 1/8" hole in the pan, the holes they machined into the rotors are not dead on balls. I've tried two rotors and one fit 7 of the 8 bolts reletively well with the 8th needing to be ratcheted a lot harder than the others. The other rotor needed 4 of the 8 newly machined holes filed on one side or another with a 'rat tail' file to make the hole fit the hubs bolt circle. I'm actually to the point of being impressed that there IS still a usa6bi with the unending amount of hassle they cause. July 1st...16 weeks...he can shove'm up his ass!
    Big Blocks RULE!

Have you checked the BBB in his area? Maybe file a complaint. If nothing else, at least it'll warn other people.

As long as magazines and tv keep praising his products there will be an unending line of lemmings at his doorstep. I have seen this several times. Take a guy like a custom painter..does great work..nice guy..has no skills when it comes to anything else and is overwhelmed with the accounting and day to day operation of a company and soon it fails. Said painter would have been better off working in someone else's shop.

I'd do the BBB thing also and maybe even the local TV News...See if they have a get action type reporter who might want to help you get your stuff...If nothing else make his life missrible too.
    Zone holster maker

Default IROK tire ????

I finished my rear brakes and buttoned up the rear Rockwell today. USA6x6's rear disc set up just seems retarded. The bracket I've been waiting for needs to be welded to the axle tube when there's the original backing plate flange right there. I put the rotor on so that it would be facing in, in typical rotor fashon, then made a bracket that bolted to 5 of the 12 original backing plate bolt holes (rivets on the rear rockwells). I simply mounted the Wilwood caliper to that then cut down the bushings he had sent. Oh, the grade 8 bolts he sent were the wrong length anyway and would have hit the rotor. That place is a joke.
    Big Blocks RULE!

would you say his work stinks and that no one should be ordering his garbage cause he's ate up and dont know what he's doing and a big liar ?
    I saw his sight and I wonder hwo built the trucks that were in the pics? I know it wasnt him! He's an IDIOT!
    Being a machinist you could have done it better and right the first time yourself, so start building em and market them yourself! Ill want a set perdy soon.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

There's just some stuff that I don't flat understand about the parts of the kit and how some stuff is designed and how other stuff is overlooked. On the overlooked side, the front caliper mounts take a special bolt with a special head on it for the mount to work. You'd think to have a few bags of counted out bolts to send WITH the mounts would be easy enough. You'd think that the pans would be tested since they WILL be holding the oil into the rear and not send out crap with holes. You'd think in stock isn't 12 weeks later. On the design side of things the same front caliper mouts are all wavy shaped on the top and quite excessive when you really look at what they do and how they're to function. Having to rat tail file the re-machined holes in the rotor is just awful. I got two rotors that needed nothing and two that needed at least four holes EACH filed to hit the bolt centers. It looks like most of the stuff was designed by somebody who can do an oil change and maybe brakes, but really isn't a mechanically minded individual. I've got my own patters and templates now. The rear ones are on a raring to go.
    Big Blocks RULE!

I wonder if its really out of his house and he just failed 3rd grade. does it look like it was lazer, water cut or jigsaw cut? I worked in a machine shop too for a while building engines and its not hard to build it right the first time if you know how to use the right tools and stay away from the jig saws and hacksaws. it really sounds like the guy doesnt have a clue what he is doing, he must have lost the guy that probably knew what he was doing ?
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

It's laser cut, I'll give him that. It's just swoopy and dumb looking. I cut my rear brackets out of an old Raymond stand up cover today. 5/16" thick door that cover the pump motors. I am a guy that will run something straight out of the plate...torched cut with all the nerve jitter lines in the cut and all. I'm much more of function that looks and especially now when it's looking like it will be down to the wire. We'll see!
    Big Blocks RULE!