Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: M715 Hauler / Crawler Build

Just when i was proud of myself for my build i find this! Wow i suck eggs...
    This is the build quality i always envision but can never even begin to accomplish.
    Well done Sir and thank you for documenting the build.

Not much to update, the truck is running good but the brakes are still terrible. It’s just a street queen at this point, planning the roll cage and skid plates now.
    I finished the rear bumper. Now I just need to make a 16” drop ball mount so I can pull my trailer around.

Very nice bumper. Clean looks and nice departure angle.

I've been contemplating something similar. My hesitation with tucking it in like that is leaving the gate/hinges exposed. Isn't the bumper supposed to be the first thing that hits?

What were your thoughts doing it that way?

I had the same reservations about leaving it tucked in like this. I thought about cutting the rear frame rails and extending them but that looked like a lot of work and I was feeling lazy. The hinges and tail gate have pretty simple geometry if repairs are needed.

Roll cage concepts... any thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

2" x .120" wall DOM

Planning to tie into the rock sliders, sandwiching the floor pan between mounting feet.

Roll Cage by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Took me a bit to notice the differences.....I like 1
    Is that real money?

Photo 370 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Photo 373 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Finalized cage design, going with 1.75" x .120" wall DOM.
    Approx. 75 feet of tube = 163 lbs

Finalized Cage by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Looks great... I was going to ask why you were looking at 2" versus 1.75" tube.

I wish I could see all your other pics and follow this along. (we are new here). Are you running a canvas top? I'm curious if you could tie the bows for it into the cage or even make the cage itself support the top.

Thanks.

I was thinking 2" due to the lack of existing roof structure. Most cages in full size trucks I've seen are 1.75 x .120 but still have a steel cab over head.

TBD on the canvas bows, probably some combination of what you mentioned.

Here's a shot of the truck.

Photo 359 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr