Thread: Wiper motors

Default Wiper motors

Well while I was looking for hood latches, I found some electric wiper kits for MBs and old CJs for $45 a kit. They're built as bolt-in replacements for the factor vacuum motors. Does anyone know if these will work on our trucks? Seemed like a good price verses the $100+ for some of those boat kits.

Most of those folks have found the inexpensive electric wiper motors to be pretty crappy, quality-wise. You get what you pay for. Kaiserjeeps put the boat wiper motors in (I think it was this one: http://www.boatersworld.com/product/196500102.htm) and really likes them. Gwen too, as I recall.
    Last edited by Binford; October 12th, 2007 at 01:15 PM.
    -- Tim Taylor

The electric wipers that you get at JCW or other places is a low quality and usually 12 or 6 volts. But if you don't mind replacing them every so often then go for it.
    Zone holster maker

These were from Vintage Jeep Parts. I've gotten other stuff from them with no problems. So back to the question at had, do the motors bolt up the same?

Go to any Forklift dealer or any equipt dealer like HYSTER, Ingersoll Rand, TEREX, Catapillar, Clark lift, JCB, BOBCAT etc. They all have the electric heavy duty wiper motors you need. They all pretty much use the same motors in all thier cabs.
    Curtis Cabs is a very popular source for not only wiper motors but cab heaters of all types.
    I'll try to get you the part number off mine. It has a Low/high switch right on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarTapes View Post
    Go to any Forklift dealer or any equipt dealer like HYSTER, Ingersoll Rand, TEREX, Catapillar, Clark lift, JCB, BOBCAT etc. They all have the electric heavy duty wiper motors you need. They all pretty much use the same motors in all thier cabs.
    Curtis Cabs is a very popular source for not only wiper motors but cab heaters of all types.
    I'll try to get you the part number off mine. It has a Low/high switch right on the motor.
    24Volt?
    -- Tim Taylor

Sure.