Thread: Ignition Coil on eBay...Authentic

Default Ignition Coil on eBay...Authentic

Does anyone know if this ignition coil on ebay is the good coil or the cheapo chinese crap? What brand were these originally? Thanks

Not the china made unit, looks like european made judging by the writing on top. I recently purchased one of the used take out GI ones on ebay and it was in spec.

Quote Originally Posted by m38inmaine View Post
    Not the china made unit, looks like european made judging by the writing on top. I recently purchased one of the used take out GI ones on ebay and it was in spec.
    That link doesn't work for me.
    I bought one of those take outs, too. For a spare. I see there is a nos coil available now. I'm not feeling the urge to spend $125 though.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by TJinSD View Post
    I see there is a nos coil available now. I'm not feeling the urge to spend $125 though.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Hate to spend that kind of money on a 40+ year old NOS coil, but I just did.
    I needed a spare, and the Chinese repros aren't an option (no matter how much cheaper) for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    Hate to spend that kind of money on a 40+ year old NOS coil, but I just did.
    I needed a spare, and the Chinese repros aren't an option (no matter how much cheaper) for me.
    Dan, my personal opinion (and you know how that goes!!! ) is that this is the way to go. When I got my truck, it would crap out when hot and not start. I had to wait until it cooled down and then, maybe, just maybe it would start. At the time, I was just getting back into the M715 ownership and knew nothing about the parts. But I was in Philadelphia at a military surplus place and bought a used one. I think I paid $60. But it solved the problem and I made sure that the Chinese coil went into the bin!

Looking at the picture on eBay, they do look like the original coil, not a reproduction. I have an NOS entire ignitor and I have opened it up and compared it to the coil that I have now and it is identical.

I don't know where the guy in Turkey got all of this stuff but it seems to be genuine and original. There also was a guy at one time in Israel who had this stuff NOS as well.