ForumsBasic TrainingOnline Maintenance ManualsThe M715 Zone Vin RegistryVPW's M715 Parts ListGalleriesLinks

Go Back   M715 Zone > General Tech > Modified Tech

Modified Tech Tech forums for Modified M715 series vehicles

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Staff Sergeant

randyscycle is a Soldier

I'm with Roy on that one. I stopped using any reman parts for brakes a long time ago for reasons mentioned. Too much to chance when the brakes don't work when you need them most.

I even hate to use any reman steering gears and the like, but sometimes there isn't much choice for some components.
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Corporal

vacca rabite is a Soldier

It was a brand new unit. I elected to pay a little more for a new unit.

Hopefully next week sometime the truck will be in my garage and the engine on its way out. Then I will have plenty of space to work with the master cylinder.

This just ed me off. but I am not going to worry about it right now. So long as I can get the truck in my garage, I am going to be able to fix the brakes much easier.

Zach
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Private

chess is a Soldier

can soft line like stainless steel dot be used from the mc to the hardlines? also what are the thread size of the fittings where the t is. theres a bunch of sizes mentioned but i just want to be sure i already have my stange engineering mc put on.
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Private

Alaska hunter is a Soldier

thanks for the info and pics
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Private 1st Class

MJCougler is a Soldier
Default Testing the output pressure of a Master cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Is it new or reman? We quit using remanned m/c entirely due to high failure/poor quality issues.
One day we pressure tested 12 units from 3 suppliers. NONE of them would supply the 900/600 minimum required pressures.
First test on a brand new AC/Delco unit provide the required psi and then some. I think it tested 1100/800.
After reading this thread, I need to bring it back to the top with a few questions. How do you actually test the output pressure to these master cylinders? Is there a "test kit" sold at the auto parts stores that screws into the master cylinder ports to test the output of a master cylinder?

I put a re-manufactured 10-1371 on my M725 last fall, and now I'm seeing that I should have used a 10-1331 which has a 1.125 bore. And, with the 10-1371 with a 1" bore, I do not have aggressive braking that I think I should have. I have HUMMER tires and recentered rims on my truck that I am trying to stop. Am I asking this master cylinder to do too much? Are these two master cylinders inadequate for this larger tire application?

Any advice? Thanks in Advance,
Old August 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Chief 9-flats

Barrman is a Soldier

There are adaptors to plug psi gauges into brake systems. I would suggest you find a loose gravel or dirt road. Going along at idle, slam on the brakes. You should skid to a stop. Don't move the truck. Get out and verify all 4 tires skidded.

If all 4 tires skidded, get a power booster so the brakes get more psi when at speed or start working out doing leg presses.

If just the front or rear skidded. Then you might have a bad part of the master to the other end, air in the line, or about 20 other things.

If 1 or 2 not on the same end skidded. Adjust your shoes and try again until all 4 lock up.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Corporal

Warthog is a Soldier

There is a thread here somewhere where the poster took all the specs for that different M/Cs and found the Corvette m/c worked the best.