Thread: Brake Line Adapter Questions

Default Brake Line Adapter Questions

I'm replacing the brake line from the master cylinder to the brake switch with a braided line and was wondering if anyone knew the thread size/count for the male ends that go into the master cylinder and brake switch.

I believe the brake lines are standard 3/16ths brake line and so the fittings on the ends of one of those lines would be the ones you need...sorry I dont know the count and all off hand...someone else may.

3/8-24 IFM, both ends.

I am not sure, but I think there is some kind of DOT rule about having metal lines from the MC as far as you can go. Then the flexible lines at the rear axle and each front corner. The idea being that any flexible line is going to flex some. That flex will do several things. Make a pedal spongy and eventually wear out the flexible line are two I can think of right away.

With a stock engine you don't have to worry about heat, but a V8 will make a lot of heat near the line from the MC to the switch block. That could cause shortened life and possible brake fluid boiling.

That was the safety warning. I personally don't see anything wrong with it as long as you use quality parts and do it right. If your state has inspections though you might run into trouble. Something else to check on I guess.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I hope to possibly be tackling the brakes this weekend or the next. Thanks again